Carol M Miyamoto
Affiliation: McGill University
- Involvement of LuxR, a quorum sensing regulator in Vibrio harveyi, in the promotion of metabolic genes: argA, purM, lysE and rluACarol M Miyamoto
Department of Biochemistry, Room 813, McIntyre Medical Sciences Building, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1Y6
Biochim Biophys Acta 1759:296-307. 2006..Based on analysis of luxR-dependent promoters, particularly that of argA, we describe a LuxR binding site, and implicate the coordination of LuxR with ArgR...
- Cinnamaldehyde and cinnamaldehyde derivatives reduce virulence in Vibrio spp. by decreasing the DNA-binding activity of the quorum sensing response regulator LuxRGilles Brackman
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Microbiology, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
BMC Microbiol 8:149. 2008..The compounds were also evaluated in an in vivo assay measuring the reduction of Vibrio harveyi virulence towards Artemia shrimp...
- LuxO controls luxR expression in Vibrio harveyi: evidence for a common regulatory mechanism in VibrioCarol M Miyamoto
Department of Biochemistry, Room 813, McIntyre Medical Sciences Building, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3G 1Y6
Mol Microbiol 48:537-48. 2003..harveyi and V. fischeri and recently in Vibrio cholerae suggest that the luxO-luxRvh couple is a central feature of this quorum-sensing system in members of the genus Vibrio...
- MetR and CRP bind to the Vibrio harveyi lux promoters and regulate luminescenceJaidip Chatterjee
Department of Biochemistry, Room 813, McIntyre Medical Sciences Building, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1Y6, Canada
Mol Microbiol 46:101-11. 2002....
- LitR, a new transcriptional activator in Vibrio fischeri, regulates luminescence and symbiotic light organ colonizationPat M Fidopiastis
Pacific Biomedical Research Center, University of Hawai i, Honolulu, 96813, USA
Mol Microbiol 45:131-43. 2002..Thus, the litR mutation appears to represent a novel class of mutations in which the loss of a regulatory gene function enhances the bacterium's competence in initiating a benign infection...
- The natural furanone (5Z)-4-bromo-5-(bromomethylene)-3-butyl-2(5H)-furanone disrupts quorum sensing-regulated gene expression in Vibrio harveyi by decreasing the DNA-binding activity of the transcriptional regulator protein luxRTom Defoirdt
Laboratory of Microbial Ecology and Technology LabMET, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Environ Microbiol 9:2486-95. 2007..Therefore, our data indicate that the furanone blocks quorum sensing in V. harveyi by rendering the quorum sensing master regulator protein LuxR(Vh) unable to bind to the promoter sequences of quorum sensing-regulated genes...
- Cloning and characterization of the bile salt hydrolase genes (bsh) from Bifidobacterium bifidum strainsGeun Bae Kim
Department of Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry, McGill University, 21111 Lakeshore Rd, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec H9X 3V9, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:5603-12. 2004..PCR amplification with the type-specific primer set revealed the high level of sequence homology in their bsh genes within the species of B. bifidum...