Affiliation: McGill University
- Refugee claimant women and barriers to health and social services post-birthLisa A Merry
Department of Nursing, McGill University, Montreal, QC
Can J Public Health 102:286-90. 2011..The current project aimed to gain greater understanding of the barriers these vulnerable migrant women face in accessing health and social services postpartum...
- The research program coordinator: an example of effective managementLisa Merry
Migration and Reproductive Health Research Program MiRHR, School of Nursing, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Prof Nurs 26:223-31. 2010..The advanced role of a PC also warrants opportunities for professional development and a competitive salary. A PC is an effective approach for research management and a natural role for professional nurse...
- Improving qualitative interviews with newly arrived migrant womenLisa Merry
School of Nursing, McGill University, 3506 University St, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2A7, Canada
Qual Health Res 21:976-86. 2011..Appropriate health policy and care delivery can only originate from health research with diverse migrant populations...
- International migration to Canada: the post-birth health of mothers and infants by immigration classAnita J Gagnon
McGill University, Canada
Soc Sci Med 76:197-207. 2013..Policy and program mechanisms to address migrants' needs would best be developed within the various immigration classes...
- Cesarean section rate differences by migration indicatorsAnita J Gagnon
Ingram School of Nursing and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Arch Gynecol Obstet 287:633-9. 2013..To answer the question: are there differences in cesarean section rates among childbearing women in Canada according to selected migration indicators?..
- Strengthening data quality in studies of migrants not fluent in host languages: a Canadian example with reproductive health questionnairesFay J Strohschein
School of Nursing, McGill University, 3506 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2A7, Canada
Res Nurs Health 33:369-79. 2010....
- International migration and caesarean birth: a systematic review and meta-analysisLisa Merry
Ingram School of Nursing, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:27. 2013..A systematic review was conducted to determine if migrants in Western industrialized countries consistently have different rates of caesarean than receiving-country-born women and to identify the reasons that explain these differences...
- Predictors of emergency cesarean delivery among international migrant women in CanadaAnita J Gagnon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 121:270-4. 2013..To determine the predictors of emergency cesarean delivery among international migrant women...
- Partnering with migrant friendly organizations: a case example from a Canadian school of nursingJason Hickey
McGill University, Wilson Hall, Room 207, 3506 University St, Montreal, QC H3A 2A7, Canada
Nurse Educ Today 30:67-72. 2010..Potential implications of this partnership include benefits to all parties involved that may help us move towards increased population and public health capacity...
- South Asian migrant women and HIV/STIs: knowledge, attitudes and practices and the role of sexual powerAnita J Gagnon
School of Nursing and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, and Women s Health Mission, McGill University Health Centre, 3506 University Street, Montreal, Canada
Health Place 16:10-5. 2010..Knowledge gaps and stigmatizing attitudes were found. STI/HIV information available in one's language and other educational strategies that consider women's Power may improve KAP among South Asian migrant women...
- Refugee and refugee-claimant women and infants post-birth: migration histories as a predictor of Canadian health system response to needsAnita J Gagnon
School of Nursing and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, 3506 University St, Montreal, QC H3A 2A7
Can J Public Health 98:287-91. 2007....
- Global health for nursing...and nursing for global healthLisa Merry
School of Nursing, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Can J Nurs Res 44:20-35. 2012..To truly advance the GH agenda, a new world order is needed, one in which political decision-making is guided by our shared humanity...
- Cross-border movement and women's health: how to capture the dataLisa Merry
School of Nursing, McGill University, 3506 University St, Montreal, QC, H3A 2A7, Canada
Int J Equity Health 10:56. 2011..abstract:..