N E Mayo
Affiliation: McGill University
- Waiting time for breast cancer surgery in QuebecN E Mayo
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Que
CMAJ 164:1133-8. 2001..The purpose of our study was to assess the time interval to surgery from initiation of diagnosis among Quebec women with breast cancer and to examine the influence on waiting time of age, pattern of care and cancer stage...
- Responsiveness and predictability of gait speed and other disability measures in acute strokeN M Salbach
School of Physical and Occupational Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 82:1204-12. 2001..To identify the most responsive method of measuring gait speed, to estimate the responsiveness of other outcome measures, and to determine whether gait speed predicts discharge destination in acute stroke...
- The association between cigarette smoking and back pain in adultsS C Scott
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 24:1090-8. 1999....
- The Ste-Justine Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Cohort Study. Part III: Back painN E Mayo
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:1573-81. 1994..Health professionals involved with the management of persons with AIS need to consider this important outcome and need to put in place procedures for the identification, investigation, prevention, and treatment of back pain...
- Reducing the lifetime risk of cancer from spinal radiographs among people with adolescent idiopathic scoliosisA R Levy
Department of Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:1540-7; discussion 1548. 1996..CONCLUSIONS: The cancer risks from full-spinal radiographs for scoliosis are not negligible and can be reduced from one half to three quarters if the anteroposterior view is replaced with the posteroanterior view...
- A review of the association between cigarette smoking and the development of nonspecific back pain and related outcomesM S Goldberg
Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit, Research Centre on Human Health, INRS Institut Armand Frappier, University of Quebec, Laval, Quebec, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:995-1014. 2000..The methodologic strengths and weaknesses of the studies were described and assessed qualitatively. Four studies were excluded because of difficulties in design or interpretation...
- Outcomes reported in high-impact surgical journalsI Antonescu
Steinberg Bernstein Centre for Minimally Invasive Surgery and Innovation, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Br J Surg 101:582-9. 2014..The objective of this study was to identify the outcomes reported in clinical studies published in high-impact surgical journals and the frequency with which PROs are used...
- Systematic review of outcomes used to evaluate enhanced recovery after surgeryA Neville
Steinberg Bernstein Centre for Minimally Invasive Surgery, McGill University Health Centre, and Department of Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Br J Surg 101:159-70. 2014..However, validated outcome measures to evaluate this complex process are lacking. The objective of this review was to identify how recovery is measured in ERP studies and to provide recommendations for the design of future studies...
- Nonmedical bed-days for stroke patients admitted to acute-care hospitals in Montreal, CanadaN E Mayo
Division of Geriatrics, School of Physical and Occupational Therapy, McGill University, Canada
Stroke 28:543-9. 1997..The purpose of this study was to determine the amount of time spent by stroke patients in acute-care hospitals that was not justified for medical reasons and to identify mechanisms contributing to nonmedical bed-days...
- A panel study in congestive heart failure to estimate the short-term effects from personal factors and environmental conditions on oxygen saturation and pulse rateM S Goldberg
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Epidemiology, McGill University Health Centre, 687 Pine Avenue West, R4 29, Montreal, Quebec H3A1A1
Occup Environ Med 65:659-66. 2008..This daily diary panel study in Montreal, Quebec, was carried out to determine whether oxygen saturation and pulse rate were associated with selected personal factors, weather conditions and air pollution...
- There's no place like home : an evaluation of early supported discharge for strokeN E Mayo
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Canada
Stroke 31:1016-23. 2000..The purpose of this study was to determine the effectiveness of prompt discharge combined with home rehabilitation on function, community reintegration, and health-related quality of life during the first 3 months after stroke...
- A task-orientated intervention enhances walking distance and speed in the first year post stroke: a randomized controlled trialN M Salbach
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Occupational Health, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Rehabil 18:509-19. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy of a task-orientated intervention in enhancing competence in walking in people with stroke...
- Randomized clinical trial of prehabilitation in colorectal surgeryF Carli
Department of Anesthesia, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Br J Surg 97:1187-97. 2010....
- Independent contributors to overall quality of life in people with advanced cancerA M Rodriguez
Faculty of Medicine, School of Rehabilitation Sciences, McGill University, 3654 Prom Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1Y5
Br J Cancer 108:1790-800. 2013..This study aimed to identify the constructs most associated with QOL in people with advanced cancer...
- The relationship between health related quality of life and disease activity and damage in systemic lupus erythematosusC Wang
McGill University Health Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Rheumatol 28:525-32. 2001..EQ-5D is a valid instrument for the measure of health related quality of life in SLE...
- Observer variation in assessing spinal curvature and skeletal development in adolescent idiopathic scoliosisM S Goldberg
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McGill University, , Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 13:1371-7. 1988..Differences in agreement between surgeons and technicians were relatively minor. These results indicate that personnel trained at this clinic are able to assess these spinal parameters reliably...