Olivier C Maes
Affiliation: McGill University
- Transcriptional profiling of Alzheimer blood mononuclear cells by microarrayOlivier C Maes
Centre for Neurotranslational Research, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, 3755 Cote Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Canada
Neurobiol Aging 28:1795-809. 2007..BMC are highly accessible and may reflect molecular events germane to the neuropathophysiology of AD...
- Methodology for discovery of Alzheimer's disease blood-based biomarkersOlivier C Maes
Centre for Neurotranslational Research, Bloomfield Centre for Research in Aging, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 64:636-45. 2009..We suggest that PBMC-associated biomarkers may provide insights into the pathogenesis of AD and be used to monitor disease diagnosis and progression...
- Near-infrared spectroscopy of blood plasma for diagnosis of sporadic Alzheimer's diseaseDavid H Burns
Department of Chemistry, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Alzheimers Dis 17:391-7. 2009..The procedure is minimally-invasive, rapid, relatively-inexpensive, and may provide a useful biological marker of sporadic AD...
- MicroRNA: Implications for Alzheimer Disease and other Human CNS DisordersOlivier C Maes
Bloomfield Centre for Research in Aging, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Canada
Curr Genomics 10:154-68. 2009..Here, the current understanding of the role of miRNAs in the central nervous system is reviewed with emphasis on their impact on the etiopathogenesis of sporadic AD...
- Characterization of alpha1-antitrypsin as a heme oxygenase-1 suppressor in Alzheimer plasmaOlivier C Maes
Centre for Neurotranslational Research, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, 3755 Chemin Cote Ste Catherine Montreal, Canada H3T1E2
Neurobiol Dis 24:89-100. 2006..HOS activity of alpha(1)-antitrypsin may curtail HO-1-dependent derangement of cerebral iron homeostasis and account for diminished HO-1 expression in AD peripheral tissues...
- Murine microRNAs implicated in liver functions and aging processOlivier C Maes
Gheens Center on Aging and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Mech Ageing Dev 129:534-41. 2008..Taken together, we identified the up-regulation of key miRNAs that may participate in the decline of regeneration and oxidative defense mechanisms in aging liver...