Vivian G Loo
Affiliation: McGill University
- Clostridium difficile: a formidable foeVivian G Loo
Infection Control Service, Hopital General de Montreal, QC
CMAJ 171:47-8. 2004
- Environmental interventions to control Clostridium difficileVivian G Loo
Departments of Medicine and Microbiology, McGill University Health Centre, 687 Pine Avenue West, Room L5 06, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada Electronic address
Infect Dis Clin North Am 29:83-91. 2015..Regular hospital germicides are not sporicidal and hypochlorite solutions are required for surface disinfection. In outbreak situations, a multifaceted approach is required. ..
- A predominantly clonal multi-institutional outbreak of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea with high morbidity and mortalityVivian G Loo
Department of Microbiology, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Que, Canada
N Engl J Med 353:2442-9. 2005..In March 2003, several hospitals in Quebec, Canada, noted a marked increase in the incidence of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea...
- Host and pathogen factors for Clostridium difficile infection and colonizationVivian G Loo
Department of Microbiology, McGill University Health Centre, 687 Pine Ave W, Rm L5 06, Montreal, QC H3A 1A1, Canada
N Engl J Med 365:1693-703. 2011..The objective of this study was to identify host and bacterial factors associated with health care-associated acquisition of C. difficile infection and colonization...
- Predictors of asymptomatic Clostridium difficile colonization on hospital admissionLing Yuan Kong
McGill University Health Centre, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Am J Infect Control 43:248-53. 2015..Rates of asymptomatic CD colonization on hospital admission range from 1.4%-21%. The objective of this study was to evaluate host and bacterial factors associated with colonization on admission...
- In vitro susceptibility of Clostridium difficile clinical isolates from a multi-institutional outbreak in Southern Québec, CanadaAnne Marie Bourgault
Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:3473-5. 2006..The predominant NAP1 isolates were susceptible to clindamycin, while the NAP2 isolates were resistant...
- Comparison of eight commercial enzyme immunoassays for the detection of Clostridium difficile from stool samples and effect of strain typePierre Rene
McGill University Health Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 73:94-6. 2012..1% to 100%. Among the 57 C. difficile isolates, 30 (51.7%) were of the NAP1 genotype. Stool samples positive for the C. difficile NAP1 strain had a higher positivity rate for the toxin assays...
- Comparative metagenomic study of alterations to the intestinal microbiota and risk of nosocomial Clostridum difficile-associated diseaseAmee R Manges
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Occupational Health, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Infect Dis 202:1877-84. 2010..Hospital exposures were associated with changes in the intestinal microbiota and risk of CDAD, and these changes were not driven exclusively by antimicrobial use...
- Fourteen-genome comparison identifies DNA markers for severe-disease-associated strains of Clostridium difficileVincenzo Forgetta
Department of Human Genetics, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 49:2230-8. 2011..The genetic markers identified illustrate the potential of comparative genomics for the discovery of diagnostic DNA-based targets that are species specific or associated with multiple SDA strains...
- Hand hygiene with soap and water is superior to alcohol rub and antiseptic wipes for removal of Clostridium difficileMatthew T Oughton
Department of Medicine, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 30:939-44. 2009..To evaluate common hand hygiene methods for efficacy in removing Clostridium difficile...
- Compliance with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus precautions in a teaching hospitalWaqqas Afif
Infection Control Service, Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Infect Control 30:430-3. 2002..This study investigates various factors associated with compliance with MRSA precautions during routine patient care...
- A portrait of the geographic dissemination of the Clostridium difficile North American pulsed-field type 1 strain and the epidemiology of C. difficile-associated disease in QuébecBruno Hubert
Institut National de Sante Publique du Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Clin Infect Dis 44:238-44. 2007..An increase in the incidence and severity of Clostridium difficile-associated disease in Québec and the United States has been associated with a hypervirulent strain referred to as North American pulsed-field type 1 (NAP1)/027...
- Antimicrobial-associated risk factors for Clostridium difficile infectionRobert C Owens
Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME 04102, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:S19-31. 2008....