Affiliation: McGill University
- Healthcare professionals and managers' participation in developing an intervention: A pre-intervention study in the elderly care contextIsabelle Vedel
, , AP HP, , 49 rue Mirabeau 75016 Paris, France
Implement Sci 4:21. 2009..Further research will be needed in order to develop a more thorough understanding of the impacts of such strategies on the final outcomes of intervention implementations...
- Fostering participation of general practitioners in integrated health services networks: incentives, barriers, and guidelinesMatthieu De Stampa
University of Versailles St Quentin, Santé Vieillissement Laboratory, AP HP, Sainte Perine Hospital, Paris, France
BMC Health Serv Res 9:48. 2009..While the active participation of general practitioners (GPs) in integrated health services networks (IHSNs) plays a critical role in their success, little is known about the incentives and barriers to their actual participation...
- Clinical information systems: understanding and preventing their premature demiseLiette Lapointe
Faculty of Management, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
Healthc Q 8:92-100. 2005
- Getting physicians to accept new information technology: insights from case studiesLiette Lapointe
Faculty of Management, McGill University, Montreal, Que
CMAJ 174:1573-8. 2006..Using case studies, we analyzed the implementation of such systems in 3 hospitals to understand better the dynamics of physicians' resistance to CIS implementation...
- The IT productivity paradox in health: a stakeholder's perspectiveLiette Lapointe
McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management, 1001 Sherbrooke Street West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1G5
Int J Med Inform 80:102-15. 2011..Using theories that can help make sense of these contradictions, we propose a new framework to assess the actual impacts of health information technology (HIT) implementation...
- A novel model of integrated care for the elderly: COPA, Coordination of Professional Care for the ElderlyIsabelle Vedel
Université de Versailles St Quentin, Laboratoire Santé Vieillissement, AP HP, Hopital Sainte Perine, Paris, France
Aging Clin Exp Res 21:414-23. 2009..Moreover, our results indicate that the level of service utilization in COPA was less than what is reported at the national level, without any compromises in quality of care...
- Diffusion of a collaborative care model in primary care: a longitudinal qualitative studyIsabelle Vedel
SOLIDAGE, McGill University Université de Montréal Research Group on Frailty and Aging Lady Davis Institute, Jewish General Hospital, Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BMC Fam Pract 14:3. 2013..The objectives of this study are to understand: (1) how the perceived characteristics of a CTM influenced clinicians' decision to adopt -or not- the model; and (2) the model's diffusion process...
- Healthcare professionals' adoption and use of a clinical information system (CIS) in primary care: insights from the Da Vinci studyIsabelle Vedel
SOLIDAGE, Lady Davis Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Med Inform 81:73-87. 2012..However, despite the expected benefits, evidence suggests generally low rates of CIS adoption. To optimize adoption in PC settings, a better understanding of the implementation process of such systems is crucial...
- Concordance, compliance and adherence in healthcare: closing gaps and improving outcomesChris Wahl
Faculties of Management and Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC
Healthc Q 8:65-70. 2005..This paper reviews the scope and causation of sub-optimal adherence, evaluates improvement strategies and explores a best-practice benchmark...