Affiliation: McGill University
- Home noninvasive ventilation: what does the anesthesiologist need to know?Karen A Brown
Division of Pediatric Anesthesia, Department of Pediatric Respiratory Therapy, McGill University Health Center Research Institute, Montreal Children s Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Anesthesiology 117:657-68. 2012..This review article provides an overview of the indications for home NIV therapy, an overview of the medical devices currently available to deliver it, and a specific discussion of the management conundrums confronting anesthesiologists...
- Urgent adenotonsillectomy: an analysis of risk factors associated with postoperative respiratory morbidityKaren A Brown
Division of Anesthesia, McGill University Health Centre Research Institute, McGill University Health Centre Montreal Children s Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Anesthesiology 99:586-95. 2003..A second aim was to assess risk factors predictive of respiratory complications after urgent adenotonsillectomy...
- Recurrent hypoxemia in young children with obstructive sleep apnea is associated with reduced opioid requirement for analgesiaKaren A Brown
Division of Pediatric Anesthesia, McGill University Health Centre Montreal Children s Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Anesthesiology 100:806-10; discussion 5A. 2004..Using a retrospective database, we assessed the relation of age and preoperative oxygen saturation to the cumulative postoperative morphine dose administered for analgesia in children with OSA undergoing adenotonsillectomy...
- Recurrent hypoxemia in children is associated with increased analgesic sensitivity to opiatesKaren A Brown
Division of Pediatric Anesthesia, Department of Pediatrics, McGill University Health Centre The Montreal Children s Hospital, 2300 Tupper Street, Montreal, Quebec H3H 13P, Canada
Anesthesiology 105:665-9. 2006..In a retrospective study, the authors have shown that oxygen desaturation and young age in children with OSA are correlated with a reduced opiate requirement for postoperative analgesia...
- Extensive lower limb injuries in a child complicated by complex pain management and profound anemiaGiuliana Rizzo
Departments of Pediatric Anesthesia, Montreal Childrens Hospital and McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Paediatr Anaesth 18:779-81. 2008..Effective pain management and control of anxiety can be achieved by a multi-modal approach in young children. Profound anemia was treated without transfusion and without compromise of tissue healing...
- Automated respiratory inductive plethysmography to evaluate breathing in infants at risk for postoperative apneaKaren A Brown
Division of Pediatric Anesthesia, McGill University Health Center Montreal Children s Hospital, 2300 Tupper Street, Rm C 1118, Montreal, Quebec H3H1P3, Canada
Can J Anaesth 55:739-47. 2008....
- An anesthetic management protocol to decrease respiratory complications after adenotonsillectomy in children with severe sleep apneaSreekrishna Raghavendran
Department of Anesthesia, Montreal Children s Hospital, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, QC H3H 1P3, Canada
Anesth Analg 110:1093-101. 2010....
- Can assessment for obstructive sleep apnea help predict postadenotonsillectomy respiratory complications?Kerryn Wilson
Department of Anaesthesia, and the Sleep Laboratory, McGill University Health Centre Montreal Children s Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Anesthesiology 96:313-22. 2002..A second aim was to assess the ability of preoperative sleep studies to identify children at risk for respiratory complications...