Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: McGill University
- Epigenetic mechanisms regulate stem cell expressed genes Pou5f1 and Gfra1 in a male germ cell lineMaren Godmann
Department of Animal Science, McGill University, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e12727. 2010..Our data implicate a critical role for histone H3 methylation and acetylation in the regulation of genes expressed by spermatogonia--here, predominantly mediated by HDAC-containing protein complexes...
- Diet exposure to technical hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD) affects testes and circulating testosterone and thyroxine levels in American kestrels (Falco sparverius)Sarah C Marteinson
Avian Science and Conservation Centre, McGill University, 21 111 Lakeshore Road, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec, Canada H9X 3V9
Environ Res 111:1116-23. 2011..This study is the first report that HBCD exposure at environmentally relevant levels alters reproductive physiology in male birds and suggests that birds may be more sensitive to HBCD than mammals...
- Dynamic regulation of histone H3 methylation at lysine 4 in mammalian spermatogenesisMaren Godmann
Department of Animal Science, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H9X 3V9
Biol Reprod 77:754-64. 2007..These studies enhance our understanding of epigenetic modifications and their roles in chromatin organization during male germ cell differentiation in both normal and pathologic states...
- Specialized distribution of the histone methyltransferase Ezh2 in the nuclear apical region of round spermatids and its interaction with the histone variant H1t2Romain Lambrot
Department of Animal Science, McGill University, 21111 Lakeshore Rd, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec, Canada H9X 3V9
J Androl 33:1058-66. 2012....
- Impaired fertility and FSH synthesis in gonadotrope-specific Foxl2 knockout miceStella Tran
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Endocrinol 27:407-21. 2013..Collectively, these data definitively establish FOXL2 as the first identified gonadotrope-restricted transcription factor required for selective FSH synthesis in vivo...
- The dynamic epigenetic program in male germ cells: Its role in spermatogenesis, testis cancer, and its response to the environmentMaren Godmann
Department of Animal Science, McGill University, Montreal H9X3V9 Canada
Microsc Res Tech 72:603-19. 2009....
- Embryonic exposure to the polybrominated diphenyl ether mixture, DE-71, affects testes and circulating testosterone concentrations in adult American kestrels (Falco sparverius)Sarah C Marteinson
Department of Natural Resource Sciences, McGill University, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec, Canada H9X3V9, USA
Toxicol Sci 121:168-76. 2011..Only high-exposure males had fewer than half of tubules containing final spermatids (43%). The results of the present study demonstrate that embryonic exposure to technical DE-71 affects the reproductive tract of adult male kestrels...