Affiliation: McGill University
- Dopamine transporter 3'UTR VNTR genotype is a marker of performance on executive function tasks in children with ADHDSherif Karama
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
BMC Psychiatry 8:45. 2008..Executive function deficits are considered among the most important pathogenic pathways leading to ADHD and may index part of the heterogeneity in this disorder...
- Film excerpts shown to specifically elicit various affects lead to overlapping activation foci in a large set of symmetrical brain regions in malesSherif Karama
McConnell Brain Imaging Center, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e22343. 2011..This study clearly confirms for the visual modality, that processing emotional stimuli leads to widespread increases in activation that cluster within relatively confined areas, regardless of valence...
- Cortical thickness correlates of specific cognitive performance accounted for by the general factor of intelligence in healthy children aged 6 to 18Sherif Karama
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Neuroimage 55:1443-53. 2011..Within a psychometric framework, cortical thickness correlates of cognitive performance on complex tasks are well captured by g in this demographically representative sample...
- Factor structure of the restricted academic situation scale: implications for ADHDSherif Karama
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, Canada
J Atten Disord 12:442-8. 2009..25 mg/kg of methylphenidate. Placebo and methylphenidate were each administered according to a double-blind placebo-controlled crossover design...
- Decreased regional cortical thickness and thinning rate are associated with inattention symptoms in healthy childrenSimon Ducharme
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Canada
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 51:18-27.e2. 2012..However, the relationship between cortical maturation and attention capacities in typically developing children is unknown. This study examines cortical thickness correlates of inattention symptoms in a large sample of healthy children...
- Negative associations between corpus callosum midsagittal area and IQ in a representative sample of healthy children and adolescentsHooman Ganjavi
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e19698. 2011..These findings suggest that the correlation between CC midsagittal area and IQ may be related to age and gender...
- Interactive effects of dehydroepiandrosterone and testosterone on cortical thickness during early brain developmentTuong Vi Nguyen
McConnell Brain Imaging Center, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
J Neurosci 33:10840-8. 2013....
- Testosterone-related cortical maturation across childhood and adolescenceTuong Vi Nguyen
McConnell Brain Imaging Center, Montreal Neurological Institute
Cereb Cortex 23:1424-32. 2013..These findings show the association between testosterone and CTh to be complex, highly dynamic, and to vary, depending on sex and age; they also suggest sex-related hemispheric lateralization effects of testosterone in humans...
- Right anterior cingulate cortical thickness and bilateral striatal volume correlate with child behavior checklist aggressive behavior scores in healthy childrenSimon Ducharme
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, 3801 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 70:283-90. 2011..The anterior cingulate cortex (ACC), orbitofrontal cortex (OFC), and basal ganglia have been implicated in pathological aggression. This study aimed at identifying neuroanatomical correlates of impulsive aggression in healthy children...
- Dopamine transporter 3'-UTR VNTR genotype and ADHD: a pharmaco-behavioural genetic study with methylphenidateRidha Joober
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University and Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:1370-6. 2007..They also suggest the presence of genetic heterogeneity that could be indexed by the quality of behavioral response to MPH...
- Positional and surface area asymmetry of the human cerebral cortexOliver C Lyttelton
Department of Biomedical Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Neuroimage 46:895-903. 2009..By clearly separating out the effects of structural translocation and surface area change from those of thickness and curvature, this study resolves the confound of these variables inherent in VBM studies...
- Patterns of cortical thickness and surface area in early Parkinson's diseaseThomas Jubault
Unité de Neuroimagerie Fonctionelle, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Neuroimage 55:462-7. 2011..In the future, MRI-generated corticometry, combined with additional behavioral markers, may prove to be a useful diagnosis tool to characterize the evolution of motor and cognitive deficits in PD...
- Increased striatal gray matter densities in patients with schizophrenia and substance use disorder: a voxel-based morphometry studyStephane Potvin
Department of Psychiatry, Fernand Seguin Research Center, University of Montreal, Canada
Psychiatry Res 154:275-9. 2007..Increased striatal GMD were found in patients with schizophrenia and substance use disorder (n=12), but not schizophrenia only patients (n=11), compared to healthy volunteers (n=15)...
- Developmental changes in organization of structural brain networksBudhachandra S Khundrakpam
McConnell Brain Imaging Center, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 2B4, Canada
Cereb Cortex 23:2072-85. 2013..Our finding reveals a time window of plasticity occurring during late childhood which may accommodate crucial changes during puberty and the new developmental tasks that an adolescent faces. ..