Affiliation: McGill University
- Film excerpts shown to specifically elicit various affects lead to overlapping activation foci in a large set of symmetrical brain regions in malesSherif Karama
McConnell Brain Imaging Center, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e22343. 2011..This study clearly confirms for the visual modality, that processing emotional stimuli leads to widespread increases in activation that cluster within relatively confined areas, regardless of valence...
- Dopamine transporter 3'UTR VNTR genotype is a marker of performance on executive function tasks in children with ADHDSherif Karama
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
BMC Psychiatry 8:45. 2008..Executive function deficits are considered among the most important pathogenic pathways leading to ADHD and may index part of the heterogeneity in this disorder...
- Cortical thickness correlates of specific cognitive performance accounted for by the general factor of intelligence in healthy children aged 6 to 18Sherif Karama
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Neuroimage 55:1443-53. 2011..Within a psychometric framework, cortical thickness correlates of cognitive performance on complex tasks are well captured by g in this demographically representative sample...
- Factor structure of the restricted academic situation scale: implications for ADHDSherif Karama
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, Canada
J Atten Disord 12:442-8. 2009..25 mg/kg of methylphenidate. Placebo and methylphenidate were each administered according to a double-blind placebo-controlled crossover design...
- Interactive effects of dehydroepiandrosterone and testosterone on cortical thickness during early brain developmentTuong Vi Nguyen
McConnell Brain Imaging Center, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
J Neurosci 33:10840-8. 2013....
- Anxious/depressed symptoms are linked to right ventromedial prefrontal cortical thickness maturation in healthy children and young adultsSimon Ducharme
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 2B4, Canada
Cereb Cortex 24:2941-50. 2014..Potential neurobiological mechanisms underlying this maturation pattern are proposed. These results demonstrate the dynamic impact of age on relations between vmPFC and negative affect in the developing brain. ..
- Testosterone-related cortical maturation across childhood and adolescenceTuong Vi Nguyen
McConnell Brain Imaging Center, Montreal Neurological Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B4
Cereb Cortex 23:1424-32. 2013..These findings show the association between testosterone and CTh to be complex, highly dynamic, and to vary, depending on sex and age; they also suggest sex-related hemispheric lateralization effects of testosterone in humans...
- Decreased regional cortical thickness and thinning rate are associated with inattention symptoms in healthy childrenSimon Ducharme
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Canada
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 51:18-27.e2. 2012..However, the relationship between cortical maturation and attention capacities in typically developing children is unknown. This study examines cortical thickness correlates of inattention symptoms in a large sample of healthy children...
- Negative associations between corpus callosum midsagittal area and IQ in a representative sample of healthy children and adolescentsHooman Ganjavi
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e19698. 2011..These findings suggest that the correlation between CC midsagittal area and IQ may be related to age and gender...
- Trajectories of cortical thickness maturation in normal brain development - The importance of quality control proceduresSimon Ducharme
Montreal Neurological Institute, McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, McGill University, 3801 University Street, Montreal, QC H3A 2B4, Canada McGill University Health Centre, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, 1025 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, QC H3A 1A1, Canada Electronic address
Neuroimage 125:267-79. 2016..This study further supports the crucial importance of implementing post-processing QC in CTh studies of development, aging, and neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- Right anterior cingulate cortical thickness and bilateral striatal volume correlate with child behavior checklist aggressive behavior scores in healthy childrenSimon Ducharme
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, 3801 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 70:283-90. 2011..The anterior cingulate cortex (ACC), orbitofrontal cortex (OFC), and basal ganglia have been implicated in pathological aggression. This study aimed at identifying neuroanatomical correlates of impulsive aggression in healthy children...
- Cortical Structural Connectivity Alterations in Primary Insomnia: Insights from MRI-Based Morphometric Correlation AnalysisLu Zhao
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 2B4
Biomed Res Int 2015:817595. 2015..Our findings support previous functional neuroimaging studies and provide novel insights into variations in brain network configuration that may be involved in the pathophysiology of insomnia. ..
- Dopamine transporter 3'-UTR VNTR genotype and ADHD: a pharmaco-behavioural genetic study with methylphenidateRidha Joober
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University and Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:1370-6. 2007..They also suggest the presence of genetic heterogeneity that could be indexed by the quality of behavioral response to MPH...
- Structural insights into aberrant cortical morphometry and network organization in psychogenic erectile dysfunctionLu Zhao
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hum Brain Mapp 36:4469-82. 2015..This work provides structural insights on the complex phenomenon of psychogenic sexual dysfunction in men, and suggests a specific vulnerability factor, possibly as an extra "organic" factor, that may play an important role in pED...
- Neuroanatomical correlates of behavioral rating versus performance measures of working memory in typically developing children and adolescentsNazlie Faridi
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University
Neuropsychology 29:82-91. 2015..This study was conducted to investigate sources of this discrepancy through correlation of volumetric and cortical thickness (CT) neuroimaging values with performance and questionnaire measures of working memory (WM)...
- Developmental changes in organization of structural brain networksBudhachandra S Khundrakpam
McConnell Brain Imaging Center, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 2B4, Canada
Cereb Cortex 23:2072-85. 2013..Our finding reveals a time window of plasticity occurring during late childhood which may accommodate crucial changes during puberty and the new developmental tasks that an adolescent faces. ..
- Positional and surface area asymmetry of the human cerebral cortexOliver C Lyttelton
Department of Biomedical Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Neuroimage 46:895-903. 2009..By clearly separating out the effects of structural translocation and surface area change from those of thickness and curvature, this study resolves the confound of these variables inherent in VBM studies...
- Patterns of cortical thickness and surface area in early Parkinson's diseaseThomas Jubault
Unité de Neuroimagerie Fonctionelle, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Neuroimage 55:462-7. 2011..In the future, MRI-generated corticometry, combined with additional behavioral markers, may prove to be a useful diagnosis tool to characterize the evolution of motor and cognitive deficits in PD...
- Increased striatal gray matter densities in patients with schizophrenia and substance use disorder: a voxel-based morphometry studyStephane Potvin
Department of Psychiatry, Fernand Seguin Research Center, University of Montreal, Canada
Psychiatry Res 154:275-9. 2007..Increased striatal GMD were found in patients with schizophrenia and substance use disorder (n=12), but not schizophrenia only patients (n=11), compared to healthy volunteers (n=15)...
- A new template to study callosal growth shows specific growth in anterior and posterior regions of the corpus callosum in early childhoodJennyfer Ansado
Ste Justine Hospital Research Center, Montreal, QC, Canada
Eur J Neurosci 42:1675-84. 2015..As shown by differences between 2D estimations and actual 3D measurements of callosal growth, our study highlights the importance of considering the horizontal width in measuring developmental changes in the CC...
- Heritable changes in regional cortical thickness with ageFrancois Chouinard-Decorte
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC, H3A 2B4, Canada
Brain Imaging Behav 8:208-16. 2014..This suggests that different genetic factors account for cortical thickness heritability at different ages in these regions. ..