Robert Paul Juster
Affiliation: McGill University
- Allostatic load biomarkers of chronic stress and impact on health and cognitionRobert Paul Juster
Laboratory of Psychoneuroendocrinology of the Centre for Studies on Human Stress, Fernand Seguin Research Centre, University of Montreal, Canada
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 35:2-16. 2010..Specific risk and protective factors associated with increased allostatic load are elucidated and policies for promoting successful aging are proposed...
- A transdisciplinary perspective of chronic stress in relation to psychopathology throughout life span developmentRobert Paul Juster
University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Dev Psychopathol 23:725-76. 2011....
- Sexual orientation and disclosure in relation to psychiatric symptoms, diurnal cortisol, and allostatic loadRobert Paul Juster
Department of Neurology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Psychosom Med 75:103-16. 2013....
- Timing is everything: anticipatory stress dynamics among cortisol and blood pressure reactivity and recovery in healthy adultsRobert Paul Juster
Centre for Studies on Human Stress, Fernand Seguin Research Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Stress 15:569-77. 2012..These findings underscore the importance of measuring multiple dynamic parameters such as recovery when investigating physiological stress response patterns as a function of psychosocial factors...
- A clinical allostatic load index is associated with burnout symptoms and hypocortisolemic profiles in healthy workersRobert Paul Juster
Centre for Studies on Human Stress, Fernand Seguin Research Centre, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Psychoneuroendocrinology 36:797-805. 2011..These findings provide preliminary support for the utility of a new clinical AL index that is sensitive to physiological recalibrations intermittently observed in burnout research...
- Allostatic load associations to acute, 3-year and 6-year prospective depressive symptoms in healthy older adultsRobert Paul Juster
Fernand Seguin Research Centre, University of Montreal, Canada
Physiol Behav 104:360-4. 2011....
- There is no news like bad news: women are more remembering and stress reactive after reading real negative news than menMarie France Marin
Centre for Studies on Human Stress, Mental Health Research Centre Fernand Seguin, Louis H Lafontaine Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e47189. 2012..01). These results suggest a potential mechanism by which media exposure could increase stress reactivity and memory for negative news in women...
- A sex- and gender-based analysis of allostatic load and physical complaintsRobert Paul Juster
Fernand Seguin Research Centre, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Gend Med 9:511-23. 2012..Biological sex and sociocultural gender influence stress-related diseases. Our goal was to explore whether sex and gender roles would predict both allostatic load and physical complaints...
- When we test, do we stress? Impact of the testing environment on cortisol secretion and memory performance in older adultsShireen Sindi
Centre for Studies on Human Stress, Mental Health Research Centre Fernand Seguin, Hospital Louis H Lafontaine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Psychoneuroendocrinology 38:1388-96. 2013....
- Effects of manipulating the amount of social-evaluative threat on the cortisol stress response in young healthy menJulie Andrews
Centre for Studies on Human Stress, Douglas Mental Health Institute, McGill University, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Behav Neurosci 121:871-6. 2007..Future studies should include women and try to define the possible threshold to activate the HPA axis...