Affiliation: McGill University
- Genetic discrimination and life insurance: a systematic review of the evidenceYann Joly
Department of Human Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, 740 Dr Penfield Avenue, Suite 5200, Montreal, H3A 1A5 Canada
BMC Med 11:25. 2013..But does the available evidence really confirm the popular apprehension about genetic discrimination and the subsequent genetic exceptionalism?..
- Open science versus commercialization: a modern research conflict?Timothy Caulfield
Health Law and Science Policy Group, Law Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, T6G 2H5, Canada
Genome Med 4:17. 2012....
- Diagnostic testing for vaccinomics: is the regulatory approval framework adequate? A comparison of Canada, the United States, and EuropeYann Joly
Centre of Genomics and Policy, McGill University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Human Genetics, Montreal, Canada
OMICS 15:597-605. 2011....
- Genomic databases access agreements: legal validity and possible sanctionsYann Joly
Deptartment of Human Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Centre of Genomics and Policy, McGill University, 740 Dr Penfield Avenue, Suite 5101, Montreal, QC H3A 1A4, Canada
Hum Genet 130:441-9. 2011..This suggests the importance for researchers to undertake additional empirical studies on the clarity and accessibility of existing database access agreements and related policies in the near future...
- Regulatory approval for new pharmacogenomic tests: a comparative overviewYann Joly
Centre for Genomics and Policy, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University
Food Drug Law J 66:1-24, i. 2011..Regulatory policies which successfully achieve the dual objectives of ensuring public safety and promoting innovation in health technology are imperative in order to reap the benefits of this emerging field...
- Power to the people: a wiki-governance model for biobanksEdward S Dove
Centre of Genomics and Policy, Department of Human Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, 740 Dr Penfield Avenue, Suite 5200, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 0G1, Canada
Genome Biol 13:158. 2012..We propose a wiki-governance model for biobanks that harnesses Web 2.0, and which gives citizens the ability to collaborate in biobank governance and policymaking...
- Our social genome?Bartha M Knoppers
Centre de recherche en droit public, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128 Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, H3T 1J7, Canada
Trends Biotechnol 25:284-8. 2007..It is only through an attachment to justice and solidarity that the dignity and well-being of persons, both as humans and as citizens, can truly be fostered...
- An ethical and legal overview of pharmacogenomics: perspectives and issuesGuillaume Sillon
Centre de recherche en droit public, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Med Law 27:843-57. 2008..The likely new responsibilities for health care professionals and pharmaceutical companies as a result of pharmacogenomic development will also be discussed...
- Life insurance: genomic stratification and risk classificationYann Joly
Center of Genomics and Policy, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Eur J Hum Genet 22:575-9. 2014....
- The emergence of an ethical duty to disclose genetic research results: international perspectivesBartha Maria Knoppers
1Centre de recherche en droit public, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Hum Genet 14:1170-8. 2006..results begs several other questions: Who should have the responsibility of disclosing such results and when? To whom should the results be disclosed? How? Finally, will this ethical 'imperative' become a legally recognized duty as well?..
- Genetic information and life insurance: a 'real' risk?Yann Joly
Centre de recherche en droit public, Faculty of Law, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Eur J Hum Genet 11:561-4. 2003..However, the benefits to be gained by allowing insurers access to relevant genetic data could justify fostering a more active role in the use of genetic information by insurance companies...
- Incidental findings in data-intensive postgenomics science and legal liability of clinician-researchers: ready for vaccinomics?Ma n H Zawati
Centre of Genomics and Policy, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
OMICS 15:615-24. 2011....
- The commercialization of genomic research in CanadaYann Joly
Assistant Professor, Department of Human Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC
Healthc Policy 6:24-32. 2010..The full sets of recommendations are available upon request to the authors...
- Improved understanding of genetic and genomic influences on drug disposition and action : implications for childrenDenise Avard
Centre de recherche en droit public, Faculty of Law, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Paediatr Drugs 10:275-8. 2008