Affiliation: McGill University
- Sleep, neurobehavioral functioning, and behavior problems in school-age childrenAvi Sadeh
Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv University, Ramat, Israel
Child Dev 73:405-17. 2002..These results highlight the association between sleep quality, NBF, and behavior regulation in child development; and raise important questions about the origins of these associations and their developmental and clinical significance...
- Sleep health education in pediatric community settings: rationale and practical suggestions for incorporating healthy sleep education into pediatric practiceReut Gruber
Behavior and Sleep Lab, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Verdun, Canada
Pediatr Clin North Am 58:735-54. 2011..Key factors regarding effectiveness of such interventional programs and key points relevant to successful healthy sleep education in pediatric practice are highlighted...
- Contributions of circadian tendencies and behavioral problems to sleep onset problems of children with ADHDReut Gruber
McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
BMC Psychiatry 12:212. 2012....
- Impact of Sleep Extension and Restriction on Children's Emotional Lability and ImpulsivityReut Gruber
Attention, Behavior and Sleep Laboratory, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, Quebec H4H 1R3, Canada
Pediatrics 130:e1155-61. 2012..To examine the impact of moderate sleep extension and restriction on child behavior in school...
- Short sleep duration is associated with poor performance on IQ measures in healthy school-age childrenReut Gruber
Douglas Mental Health University Institute and McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Sleep Med 11:289-94. 2010..To examine the associations between habitual sleep duration and intellectual functioning in healthy, well-rested, school-age children...
- Sleep and academic success: mechanisms, empirical evidence, and interventional strategiesReut Gruber
Department of Psychiatry, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Adolesc Med State Art Rev 21:522-41, x. 2010..We next review studies conducted to assess the association between sleep and academic performance, concluding by describing interventional programs being used to optimize sleep in the context of academic success...
- Sleep characteristics of children and adolescents with attention deficit-hyperactivity disorderReut Gruber
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Douglas Research Center Attention, Behavior and Sleep Lab, McGill University, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, 6875 LaSalle Boulevard, Borough of Verdun, Montreal, Quebec H4H1R3, Canada
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 18:863-76. 2009..The effects of psychiatric comorbidities on the sleep patterns of children and adolescents who have ADHD are then reviewed, and sleep alterations associated with medications used to treat ADHD and comorbid conditions are addressed...
- Sleep disturbances in prepubertal children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a home polysomnography studyReut Gruber
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Sleep 32:343-50. 2009..To examine sleep architecture and reported sleep problems in children with ADHD and normal controls, while considering the roles of pertinent moderating factors...
- Performance on the continuous performance test in children with ADHD is associated with sleep efficiencyReut Gruber
Douglas Mental Health University Institute and McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Sleep 30:1003-9. 2007..To examine whether the level of sleep efficiency of children diagnosed with ADHD moderates their performance on the Continuous Performance Test (CPT) while receiving a placebo and while receiving methylphenidate (MPH)...
- Sleep and COMT polymorphism in ADHD children: preliminary actigraphic dataReut Gruber
Douglas Hospital Research Centre and McGill University, Montreal
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:982-9. 2006..To examine whether COMT (catechol-O-methyltransferase) polymorphism modulates aspects of sleep in children diagnosed with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Impact of sleep restriction on neurobehavioral functioning of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorderReut Gruber
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Sleep 34:315-23. 2011....
- Sleep and sleepiness in children with attention deficit / hyperactivity disorder and controlsSabrina Wiebe
Attention, Behavior and Sleep Lab, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Sleep Res 22:41-9. 2013....
- Dopamine transporter genotype and stimulant side effect factors in youth diagnosed with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderReut Gruber
Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 19:233-9. 2009..Preliminary evidence suggests that pharmacogenetic analysis using DAT1 variants shows promise for identifying individuals at increased or decreased risk for poor tolerability...
- Short sleep duration is associated with teacher-reported inattention and cognitive problems in healthy school-aged childrenReut Gruber
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada Attention, Behavior and Sleep Lab, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Montreal, QC, Canada
Nat Sci Sleep 4:33-40. 2012..The aim of the present study was to examine whether sleep duration was associated with ADHD-like symptoms in healthy, well-developing school-aged children...
- Construct validity of an instrument to assess major depression in parents in epidemiologic studiesCarmella A Roy
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 50:784-91. 2005..Our goal was to test the construct validity of an instrument to assess major depression in the parents...
- Association between fatigue and autistic symptoms in children with cri du chat syndromeAnthony Claro
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Intellect Dev Disabil 116:278-89. 2011..Contrary to the authors' hypothesis, children in the comparison group who exhibited high levels of fatigue conferred the greatest vulnerability to the expression of autistic symptoms...
- Sleep patterns and the risk for unipolar depression: a reviewSabrina T Wiebe
Attention, Behavior and Sleep Laboratory, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Montréal McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Nat Sci Sleep 4:63-71. 2012..Clinical implications pertaining to the comorbid nature of various sleep patterns and depression are considered...
- Sleep patterns and the risk for ADHD: a reviewJamie Cassoff
Attention, Behavior and Sleep Lab, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Nat Sci Sleep 4:73-80. 2012..Additionally, clinical implications regarding the comorbid nature of sleep disturbances and ADHD will be considered...
- School-based sleep promotion programs: Effectiveness, feasibility and insights for future researchJamie Cassoff
Attention, Behaviour and Sleep Laboratory, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, 6875, LaSalle Boulevard, Verdun, QC H4H 1R3, Canada Health Psychology Laboratory, Department of Psychology, McGill University, Stewart Biology Building, 1205 Dr Penfield Avenue, Montreal, QC H3A 1B1, Canada Electronic address
Sleep Med Rev 17:207-14. 2013..Furthermore, we suggest that individually tailored sleep promotion strategies could be delivered to a significant proportion of adolescents via internet-based communication...
- Sleep in children with cerebral palsy: a reviewElisabeth Simard-Tremblay
Department of Neurology Neurosurgery and Pediatrics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Child Neurol 26:1303-10. 2011..Finally, the characteristics, diagnostic techniques, and management of sleep-related breathing disorders in children with cerebral palsy are discussed...
- The effects of sleep restriction and extension on school-age children: what a difference an hour makesAvi Sadeh
Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
Child Dev 74:444-55. 2003..The sleep manipulation led to significant differential effects on NBF measures. These effects may have significant developmental and clinical implications...
- Methylphenidate treatment for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents with velocardiofacial syndrome: an open-label studyDoron Gothelf
Feinberg Child Study Center, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, 14 Kaplan Street, PO Box 559, Petah Tiqwa, Israel 49202
J Clin Psychiatry 64:1163-9. 2003..Indeed, clinicians have commonly avoided the use of methylphenidate in children with VCFS because of concerns about ineffectiveness or psychotic exacerbation...
- Sleep and neurobehavioral functioning in boys with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and no reported breathing problemsReut Gruber
Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Sleep 27:267-73. 2004..To investigate by objective measures the neurobehavioral correlates of sleep patterns in boys with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and no reported breathing problems and in control children...
- Young children's representations of conflict and distress: a longitudinal study of boys and girls with disruptive behavior problemsCarolyn Zahn-Waxler
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Dev Psychopathol 20:99-119. 2008..We consider how these findings contribute to an understanding the inner worlds of boys and girls who differ in their early developmental trajectories for behavior problems...
- Delayed sleep phase syndrome, ADHD, and bright light therapyReut Gruber
J Clin Psychiatry 68:337-8. 2007
- Towards an understanding of sleep problems in childhood depressionReut Gruber
Sleep 29:418-20. 2006