Walter H Gotlieb
Affiliation: McGill University
- Abitbol J, Cohn R, Hunter S, Rombaldi M, Cohen E, Kessous R, et al. Minimizing pain medication use and its associated costs following robotic surgery. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;144:187-192 pubmed publisher..Patients require less analgesics (opioids and non-opioids) following robotic surgery in comparison to conventional laparotomy, including the elderly and the obese. The diminished pain medication use is associated with some cost savings. ..
- Laskov I, Drudi L, Beauchamp M, Yasmeen A, Ferenczy A, Pollak M, et al. Anti-diabetic doses of metformin decrease proliferation markers in tumors of patients with endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2014;134:607-14 pubmed publisher..This pilot trial presents biological evidence consistent with anti-proliferative effects of metformin in women with EC in the clinical setting. ..
- Kessous R, Octeau D, Klein K, Tonin P, Greenwood C, Pelmus M, et al. Distinct homologous recombination gene expression profiles after neoadjuvant chemotherapy associated with clinical outcome in patients with ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2018;148:553-558 pubmed publisher..Distinct HR expression profiles define subgroups associated with overall outcome in patients that are exposed to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and not only chemotherapy-naïve patients. ..
- Philip C, Laskov I, Beauchamp M, Marques M, Amin O, Bitharas J, et al. Inhibition of PI3K-AKT-mTOR pathway sensitizes endometrial cancer cell lines to PARP inhibitors. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:638 pubmed publisher..Understanding the complex interaction of PTEN mutations with DNA repair in endometrial cancer will help to better select patients that are likely to respond to some of the new and costly targeted therapies. ..
- How J, Boldeanu I, Lau S, Salvador S, How E, Gotlieb R, et al. Unexpected locations of sentinel lymph nodes in endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:18-23 pubmed publisher..The sentinel node is the most relevant lymph node to analyze and may enable to discover metastatic disease in unusual areas. ..
- Gotlieb W. The assessment and surgical management of early-stage vulvar cancer. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2003;17:557-69 pubmed..Molecular detection methods that reveal cancer cells in sites not detectable by routine histology have been introduced to evaluate sentinel lymph nodes and may eventually become part of the routine metastatic work-up. ..
- Kessous R, Laskov I, Abitbol J, Bitharas J, Yasmeen A, Salvador S, et al. Clinical outcome of neoadjuvant chemotherapy for advanced ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;144:474-479 pubmed publisher..This treatment option can be used in selected patients that are not candidates for complete cytoreduction at PDS. ..
- How J, Gauthier C, Abitbol J, Lau S, Salvador S, Gotlieb R, et al. Impact of sentinel lymph node mapping on recurrence patterns in endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;144:503-509 pubmed publisher..SLN mapping may enable more efficient detection of the LNs at greatest risk of metastasis and help to guide adjuvant therapy, which in turn seems to decrease the risk of pelvic sidewall recurrences. ..
- Kogan L, Laskov I, Amajoud Z, Abitbol J, Yasmeen A, Octeau D, et al. Dose dense carboplatin paclitaxel improves progression free survival in patients with endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:30-35 pubmed publisher..9%) compared to the dose dense cohort (n=4, 6.6%), P=0.005. Preliminary data suggests that dose dense chemotherapy might be a reasonable and superior option for adjuvant treatment of endometrial cancer, compared to standard chemotherapy. ..
- Blank N, Laskov I, Kessous R, Kogan L, Lau S, Sebag I, et al. Absence of cardiotoxicity with prolonged treatment and large accumulating doses of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2017;80:737-743 pubmed publisher..3 ± 2.6% for the previous (p < 0.51). No prevalent or incident cases of cardiotoxicity were found despite prolonged treatment with large cumulative doses of PLD, adding to previous reports on shorter treatment duration. ..
- How J, O FARRELL P, Amajoud Z, Lau S, Salvador S, How E, et al. Sentinel lymph node mapping in endometrial cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Minerva Ginecol. 2018;70:194-214 pubmed publisher..Utilizing indocyanine green results in the highest SLN detection rates. Future studies should prospectively examine the impact of SLN mapping on progression-free and overall survival. ..