Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: McGill University
- A closer look at the role of urotensin II in the metabolic syndromePierre Olivier Barrette
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Center Montreal, QC, Canada
Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 3:165. 2012..Moreover, UII also plays an important role in hypertension and hyperlipidemia thereby contributing to cardiovascular complications associated with the MetS...
- Potential Clinical Implications of the Urotensin II Receptor AntagonistsPhilip Tsoukas
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Montreal General Hospital, McGill University Health Center Montreal, QC, Canada
Front Pharmacol 2:38. 2011..Recently, UT antagonists such as SB-611812, palosuran, and most recently a piperazino-isoindolinone based antagonist have been developed in the hope of better understanding the UII system and treating its associated diseases...
- Genetic and pharmacological manipulation of urotensin II ameliorate the metabolic and atherosclerosis sequalae in miceZhipeng You
Division of Cardiology, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:1809-16. 2012..We tested the hypothesis that UII gene deletion or UT blockade ameliorate experimental atherosclerosis...
- Urotensin II receptor knockout mice on an ApoE knockout background fed a high-fat diet exhibit an enhanced hyperlipidemic and atherosclerotic phenotypeNicolas Bousette
Division of Cardiology and Department of Medicine, Montreal General Hospital, McGill University Health Center, Quebec, Canada
Circ Res 105:686-95, 19 p following 695. 2009..Expression of the vasoactive peptide Urotensin II (UII) is elevated in a number of cardiovascular diseases...
- Urotensin II differentially regulates macrophage and hepatic cholesterol homeostasisRobert S Kiss
Division of Cardiology, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Peptides 32:956-63. 2011..These results demonstrate a fundamental difference between macrophages and hepatocytes in terms of cholesterol homeostasis, and suggest an important role for UII in modulating cholesterol regulation...
- Protein expression of urotensin II, urotensin-related peptide and their receptor in the lungs of patients with lymphangioleiomyomatosisArnold S Kristof
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Peptides 31:1511-6. 2010..These findings demonstrate for the first time the presence of UII, URP and their receptor in the lesions of patients with LAM, and suggest a possible role in the pathogenesis of the disease...
- Inducible activation of TLR4 confers resistance to hyperoxia-induced pulmonary apoptosisSalman T Qureshi
McGill Centre for the Study of Host Resistance, Montreal, Canada
J Immunol 176:4950-8. 2006..These results define a novel role for lung epithelial TLR4 as a modulator of cellular apoptosis in response to oxidant stress...
- The LDLR deficient mouse as a model for aortic calcification and quantification by micro-computed tomographyZuhier Awan
Institut de Recherches Cliniques, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Atherosclerosis 219:455-62. 2011..To better understand this process, we examined a murine model...
- Potential role of endothelin-1 in pulmonary fibrosis: from the bench to the clinicBryan Ross
Cardiology, Montreal General Hospital, 1650 Cedar Avenue, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 42:16-20. 2010..A guided perspective begins from the scope of its various molecular interactions to its many cellular processes, and finally to the implications of these functions in IPF...
- Role of urotensin II in health and diseaseBryan Ross
McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R1156-72. 2010..As such, the UT receptor is emerging as a promising target for therapeutic intervention. Here, a concise review is given on the vast physiologic and pathologic roles of UII...
- Targeted overexpression of the human urotensin receptor transgene in smooth muscle cells: effect of UT antagonism in ApoE knockout mice fed with Western dietPanayiota Papadopoulos
Division of Cardiology, Montreal General Hospital, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Que, Canada
Atherosclerosis 204:395-404. 2009..05). The present findings demonstrate an important role for UT in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. The use of UT receptor antagonists may provide a beneficial tool in the management of this debilitating disease process...