Imed E Gallouzi
Affiliation: McGill University
- Caspase-mediated cleavage of HuR in the cytoplasm contributes to pp32/PHAP-I regulation of apoptosisRachid Mazroui
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University Health Center, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 146, Canada
J Cell Biol 180:113-27. 2008..Thus, we propose a model in which HuR association with pp32/PHAP-I and its caspase-mediated cleavage constitutes a regulatory step that contributes to an amplified apoptotic response...
- Decoding ARE-mediated decay: is microRNA part of the equation?Christopher von Roretz
Biochemistry Department, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Cell Biol 181:189-94. 2008..We highlight these similarities, along with recent advances in the field of AMD, and also mention how there is still much left unknown surrounding this specialized mode of mRNA decay...
- Inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) in muscle wasting syndrome, sarcopenia, and cachexiaDerek T Hall
McGill University, Biochemistry Department, Goodman Cancer Center, Montreal, Canada
Aging (Albany NY) 3:702-15. 2011..In this review, we will highlight the potential for targeting the iNOS/NO pathway in the treatment of muscle loss and discuss its functional relevance in sarcopenia and cachexia...
- The translation inhibitor pateamine A prevents cachexia-induced muscle wasting in miceSergio Di Marco
Department of Biochemistry, Rosalind and Morris Goodman Cancer Center, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Nat Commun 3:896. 2012..Collectively, our data provide a proof of principle that nontoxic doses of compounds such as pateamine A could be used as novel drugs to combat cachexia-induced muscle wasting...
- A DIStinctively novel exoribonuclease that really likes UImed E Gallouzi
Rosalind and Morris Goodman Cancer Center, Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
EMBO J 32:1799-801. 2013..Furthermore, they demonstrate a strong connection between terminal uridylation of the RNA substrate and enzymatic activity...
- Regulation of eukaryotic initiation factor 4AII by MyoD during murine myogenic cell differentiationGabriela Galicia-Vázquez
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 9:e87237. 2014..Finally, RNAi-mediated alterations in eIF4AI and eIF4AII levels indicate that the myogenic process can tolerate short term reductions in eIF4AI or eIF4AII levels, but not both. ..
- Solution structure of YaeO, a Rho-specific inhibitor of transcription terminationPablo Gutierrez
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:23348-53. 2007..In vitro gel shift assays confirmed the inhibition of nucleic acid binding to Rho. Site-directed mutagenesis showed that the negative character of YaeO is essential for its function in vivo...