Affiliation: McGill University
- Brain imaging in research on anesthetic mechanisms: studies with propofolPierre Fiset
Department of Anesthesiology, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 1A2, Canada
Prog Brain Res 150:245-50. 2005..Finally, the use of radioligands allow in vivo characterization of anesthetic effects on neurotransmitter systems...
- Dose-dependent effects of propofol on the central processing of thermal painRobert K Hofbauer
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Anesthesiology 100:386-94. 2004..Anatomic and physiologic data show that multiple regions of the forebrain are activated by pain. However, the effect of anesthetic level on nociceptive input to these regions is not well understood...
- PET quantification of muscarinic cholinergic receptors with [N-11C-methyl]-benztropine and application to studies of propofol-induced unconsciousness in healthy human volunteersGuoming Xie
Department of Anesthesiology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A2, Canada
Synapse 51:91-101. 2004..Our results also suggest the existence of propofol-related reductions in muscarinic receptor availability...
- Cholinergic mechanisms mediating anesthetic induced altered states of consciousnessSteven B Backman
Department of Anaesthesia, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, 687 Pine Ave W, Montreal, QC H3A 1A1, Canada
Prog Brain Res 145:197-206. 2004
- Attenuation of the 40-hertz auditory steady state response by propofol involves the cortical and subcortical generatorsGilles Plourde
Department of Anesthesia, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Anesthesiology 108:233-42. 2008..They also examined the effect of propofol on two auditory evoked potentials of cortical origin: the N1 and the sustained potential...
- Cortical processing of complex auditory stimuli during alterations of consciousness with the general anesthetic propofolGilles Plourde
Department of Anesthesia, McGill University
Anesthesiology 104:448-57. 2006....
- Functional brain imaging and propofol mechanisms of actionPierre Fiset
Department of Anaesthesia, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Adv Exp Med Biol 523:115-21. 2003
- Effects of the anticholinesterase edrophonium on spectral analysis of heart rate and blood pressure variability in humansAlain Deschamps
Department of Anesthesia, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 300:112-7. 2002..These observations may account for the modest autonomic side effects of edrophonium when this drug is used clinically...