Affiliation: McGill University
- Erythropoietin gene-enhanced marrow mesenchymal stromal cells decrease cisplatin-induced kidney injury and improve survival of allogeneic miceNicoletta Eliopoulos
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Research, McGill University, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Ther 19:2072-83. 2011..In conclusion, our study demonstrates that Epo gene-enhanced MSCs exert significant tissue protective effects in allogeneic mice with AKI, and supports the potential use of gene-enhanced cells as universal donors in acute injury...
- Human marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells decrease cisplatin renotoxicity in vitro and in vivo and enhance survival of mice post-intraperitoneal injectionNicoletta Eliopoulos
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research and Dept of Surgery, McGill Univ, 3755 Cote Ste Catherine Rd, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1E2
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F1288-98. 2010....
- Coupling erythropoietin secretion to mesenchymal stromal cells enhances their regenerative propertiesIan B Copland
Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, 3755 Cote Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1E2
Cardiovasc Res 79:405-15. 2008..In this work, we tested whether genetically engineering MSCs to secrete erythropoietin (Epo) could represent a better therapeutic platform than MSCs in their native form...
- Targeted gene addition to human mesenchymal stromal cells as a cell-based plasma-soluble protein delivery platformBasma F Benabdallah
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Ste Justine, Department of Pharmacology, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Cytotherapy 12:394-9. 2010..However, to avoid the risk of insertional mutagenesis, targeted integration of a transgene into a 'safe harbor' locus is of great interest...
- Neo-organoid of marrow mesenchymal stromal cells secreting interleukin-12 for breast cancer therapyNicoletta Eliopoulos
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research and Division of Hematology Oncology, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Res 68:4810-8. 2008..This study therefore establishes the feasibility of using gene-enhanced MSCs in a cell-based neo-organoid approach for cancer treatment...
- CD34 expression on murine marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells: impact on neovascularizationIan Copland
Lady Davis Institute for Research, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Canada
Exp Hematol 36:93-103. 2008..Mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs) also express CD34, although the functional significance of its expression remains undefined. In this study, we determined whether CD34(pos) MSCs are functionally distinct from CD34(null) MSCs...
- Interferon-gamma-stimulated marrow stromal cells: a new type of nonhematopoietic antigen-presenting cellJohn Stagg
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, 3755 Cote Ste Catherine Rd, Montreal, QC, Canada H3T 1E2
Blood 107:2570-7. 2006..Taken together, our data strongly suggest that MSCs behave as conditional APCs in syngeneic immune responses...
- Bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cell therapy for external urethral sphincter restoration in a rat model of stress urinary incontinenceJacques Corcos
Division of Urology, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Neurourol Urodyn 30:447-55. 2011..To assess the effect of intra-sphincteric injections of bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs) on Valsalva leak point pressure (VLPP) changes in an animal model of stress urinary incontinence (SUI)...
- Vascular progenitors derived from murine bone marrow stromal cells are regulated by fibroblast growth factor and are avidly recruited by vascularizing tumorsBorhane Annabi
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moleculaire, Department of Biochemistry, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, C P 8888, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3P8
J Cell Biochem 91:1146-58. 2004..These observations may have crucial implications in the development of novel therapies using BMSC engineered to secrete anti-cancerous agents and to antagonize tumor progression...
- Erythropoietin delivery by genetically engineered bone marrow stromal cells for correction of anemia in mice with chronic renal failureNicoletta Eliopoulos
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, McGill University Health Center, and Division of Hematology Oncology, Jewish General Hospital, 3755 Cote Sainte Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1E2
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:1576-84. 2006..In conclusion, these results demonstrate that subcutaneous implantation of Epo-secreting genetically engineered MSCs can correct anemia that occurs in a murine model of CRF...
- Allogeneic marrow stromal cells are immune rejected by MHC class I- and class II-mismatched recipient miceNicoletta Eliopoulos
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, McGill University, 3755 Cote St Catherine Rd, Montreal, QC Canada H3T1E2
Blood 106:4057-65. 2005..These results strongly suggest that MSCs are not intrinsically immunoprivileged and cannot serve as a "universal donor" in immunocompetent MHC-mismatched recipients...
- Human-compatible collagen matrix for prolonged and reversible systemic delivery of erythropoietin in mice from gene-modified marrow stromal cellsNicoletta Eliopoulos
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1E2, Canada
Mol Ther 10:741-8. 2004..In conclusion, this investigation demonstrates that mEpo(+) MSCs embedded in a human-compatible viscous collagen matrix offers a potent, durable, and reversible approach for delivery of plasma-soluble therapeutic proteins...
- Design and fabrication of 3D porous scaffolds to facilitate cell-based gene therapyRouwayda El-Ayoubi
Industrial Materials Institute, National Research Council of Canada, Boucherville, Quebec, Canada
Tissue Eng Part A 14:1037-48. 2008....
- Matrix metalloproteinase regulation of sphingosine-1-phosphate-induced angiogenic properties of bone marrow stromal cellsBorhane Annabi
Laboratoire de Medecine Moleculaire, Centre de cancérologie Charles Bruneau, Hôpital Sainte Justine and Université du Québec à Montréal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Exp Hematol 31:640-9. 2003..In this study we examined the effect of sphingosine-1-phosphate (S1P), a platelet-derived bioactive lysophospholipid that is believed to specifically stimulate EC migration and tube formation, on the angiogenic properties of MSC...
- A variant OSR1 allele which disturbs OSR1 mRNA expression in renal progenitor cells is associated with reduction of newborn kidney size and functionZhao Zhang
McGill University Department of Human Genetics, Montreal Children s Hospital Research Institute, Montreal, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 20:4167-74. 2011..006) versus newborns with wild-type alleles. Although only two subjects had PAX2(rs11599825)(A) and OSR1(rs12329305)(T) alleles, kidney size was reduced by 27% and cystatin C was increased by 14% versus wild-types (P= NS)...
- Hypoxia promotes murine bone-marrow-derived stromal cell migration and tube formationBorhane Annabi
Laboratoire de Médecine Moléculaire and Division of Hematology Oncology, Centre de cancérologie Charles Bruneau, Hôpital Sainte Justine and Université du Québec à Montréal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Stem Cells 21:337-47. 2003....
- Stem cell microvesicles transfer cystinosin to human cystinotic cells and reduce cystine accumulation in vitroDiana M Iglesias
Department of Pediatrics, Montreal Children s Hospital Research Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e42840. 2012..Our observations suggest that exogenous stem cells may reprogram the biology of mutant tissues by direct microvesicle transfer of membrane-associated wildtype molecules...