Frank J Elgar
Affiliation: McGill University
- Social capital, health and life satisfaction in 50 countriesFrank J Elgar
Institute for Health and Social Policy and Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Health Place 17:1044-53. 2011..Social inequalities in the contributions of social capital to population health are worthy of further study...
- Socioeconomic inequalities in adolescent health 2002-2010: a time-series analysis of 34 countries participating in the Health Behaviour in School-aged Children studyFrank J Elgar
Institute for Health and Social Policy, and Douglas Mental Health University Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada Electronic address
Lancet 385:2088-95. 2015..We examined secular trends in socioeconomic inequality in five domains of adolescent health and the association of socioeconomic inequality with national wealth and income inequality...
- Absolute and relative family affluence and psychosomatic symptoms in adolescentsFrank J Elgar
Institute for Health and Social Policy, McGill University, 1130 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Canada
Soc Sci Med 91:25-31. 2013..Conceptual and empirical issues relating to the use of material affluence indices to estimate socioeconomic position are discussed. ..
- School bullying, homicide and income inequality: a cross-national pooled time series analysisFrank J Elgar
Institute for Health and Social Policy, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Int J Public Health 58:237-45. 2013..To examine the relation between income inequality and school bullying (perpetration, victimisation and bully/victims) and explore whether the relation is attributable to international differences in violent crime...
- Family dinners, communication, and mental health in Canadian adolescentsFrank J Elgar
Institute for Health and Social Policy and Douglas Mental Health University Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Adolesc Health 52:433-8. 2013....