Affiliation: McGill University
- Hall H, Iulita M, Gubert P, Flores Aguilar L, Ducatenzeiler A, Fisher A, et al. AF710B, an M1/sigma-1 receptor agonist with long-lasting disease-modifying properties in a transgenic rat model of Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimers Dement. 2018;14:811-823 pubmed publisher..With M1/sigma-1 activity and long-lasting disease-modifying properties at low dose, AF710B is a promising novel therapeutic agent for treating Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Iulita M, Caraci F, Cuello A. A Link Between Nerve Growth Factor Metabolic Deregulation and Amyloid-?-Driven Inflammation in Down Syndrome. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2016;15:434-47 pubmed..It further considers the potential of the NGF metabolic pathway as a new pharmacological target to slow down the neurodegenerative process both in Alzheimer's disease and in individuals with Down syndrome. ..
- Iulita M, Ower A, Barone C, Pentz R, Gubert P, Romano C, et al. An inflammatory and trophic disconnect biomarker profile revealed in Down syndrome plasma: Relation to cognitive decline and longitudinal evaluation. Alzheimers Dement. 2016;12:1132-1148 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the combination of plasma and cognitive assessments for the identification of DS individuals at risk of dementia. ..
- Caraci F, Iulita M, Pentz R, Flores Aguilar L, Orciani C, Barone C, et al. Searching for new pharmacological targets for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease in Down syndrome. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;817:7-19 pubmed publisher..We further examine the relevance of newly discovered biological markers for earlier dementia diagnosis in this population. ..
- Cuello A. Early and Late CNS Inflammation in Alzheimer's Disease: Two Extremes of a Continuum?. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2017;38:956-966 pubmed publisher..This early CNS inflammation should be considered a promising therapeutic target as we continue searching for an unequivocal diagnosis of AD preclinical stages. ..
- Cuello A, Allard S, Ferretti M. Evidence for the accumulation of Abeta immunoreactive material in the human brain and in transgenic animal models. Life Sci. 2012;91:1141-7 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss the possible pathological significance of these intracellular APP fragments and the expected future research directions regarding this thought-provoking problem. ..
- Cuello A, Canneva F. Impact of intracellular beta-amyloid in transgenic animals and cell models. Neurodegener Dis. 2008;5:146-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, intracellular pathology would be independent and additive to the toxic effects of the extracellular Abeta burden...