A G Crocker
Affiliation: McGill University
- To detain or to release? Correlates of dispositions for individuals declared not criminally responsible on account of mental disorderAnne G Crocker
Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec Associate Director, Douglas Mental Health University Institute Research Center, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 56:293-302. 2011..Our objective is to identify the psychosocial, criminological, and risk measure correlates of RB decision-making...
- Evolving systems of care: Individuals found not criminally responsible on account of mental disorder in custody of civil and forensic psychiatric servicesA G Crocker
McGill University and Douglas Mental Health University Institute, 6875, LaSalle Boulevard, Montreal, Quebec H4H 1R3, Canada
Eur Psychiatry 24:356-64. 2009..Results are discussed in terms of the need for civil psychiatric settings to implement risk assessment and management programs into their services, and the need for further research into forensic mental health services...
- Gender differences in police encounters among persons with and without serious mental illnessAnne G Crocker
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Psychiatr Serv 60:86-93. 2009..This study examined the rates, patterns, and types of police contacts among men and women with and without serious mental illness...
- Prevalence and types of aggressive behaviour among adults with intellectual disabilitiesA G Crocker
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, LaSalle Boulevard, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Intellect Disabil Res 50:652-61. 2006..Aggressive behaviours represent major obstacles to the integration into society of individuals with intellectual disability (ID) and pose significant management issues for carers...
- Rate and characteristics of men with an intellectual disability in pre-trial detentionAnne G Crocker
McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Intellect Dev Disabil 32:143-52. 2007..Studies have also shown that individuals with ID are vulnerable to mental health problems. To date there have been no Canadian studies of individuals with an ID in the criminal justice system...
- Profiles and correlates of aggressive behaviour among adults with intellectual disabilitiesA G Crocker
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Intellect Disabil Res 51:786-801. 2007....
- Psychiatric advance directives and the right to refuse treatment in CanadaDaniel L Ambrosini
Department of Law, McGill University and Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 52:397-402. 2007..To provide a Canadian perspective on psychiatric advance directives (PADs) and assess whether these documents can be implemented as an adjunct to mental health services to empower people with mental illness...
- [Psychiatric advance directives and the role of autonomy]Daniel L Ambrosini
Departement de Psychiatrie, Universite McGill, Quebec, Canada
Sante Ment Que 34:51-74. 2009..Competency to consent to treatment is the mental prerequisite that ensures individuals with mental illness are able to complete PADs with insight, whereas autonomy is the value that empowers individuals to work towards their recovery...
- Conduct disorder and antisocial personality disorder in persons with severe psychiatric and substance use disordersKim T Mueser
Department of Psychiatry and Community, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Schizophr Bull 32:626-36. 2006....
- Gender and fitness to stand trial. A 5-year review of remands in QuÃ©becAnne G Crocker
New Hampshire-Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center and Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, Main Building, 105 Pleasant Street, Concord, NH 03301, USA
Int J Law Psychiatry 25:67-84. 2002
- Factor structure of the Multnomah Community Ability ScaleMarc Corbiere
Douglas Hospital Research Center, Psychosocial Research Division, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun (QC, Canada H4H 1R3
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:399-406. 2002..The study shows the structural validity of this brief questionnaire, which could be useful both for clinical and research settings to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions...