Affiliation: McGill University
- Screening for geriatric problems in the emergency department: reliability and validity. Identification of Seniors at Risk (ISAR) Steering CommitteeJ McCusker
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Community Studies, St Mary s Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Acad Emerg Med 5:883-93. 1998..To determine the test-retest reliability and concurrent criterion validity of a self-report ED screening questionnaire for adverse outcomes in elders...
- Reliability and validity of a new measure of severity of deliriumJ McCusker
Department of Epidemiology, St Mary s Hospital and McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Int Psychogeriatr 10:421-33. 1998..60, -.70) and two measures of function before admission for discriminant validity (r = .26,-.42). We conclude that the DI has acceptable levels of interrater reliability, criterion validity, and construct validity...
- Validity of an activities of daily living questionnaire among older patients in the emergency departmentJ McCusker
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Community Studies, St Mary s Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 52:1023-30. 1999..80 and 0.79, respectively). Similar correlations were found for French and English versions. The OARS ADL questionnaire with a premorbid reference period appears to be valid when administered in the ED, both in French and English...
- Delirium in older medical inpatients and subsequent cognitive and functional status: a prospective studyJ McCusker
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Community Studies, St Mary s Hospital, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McGill University, Montreal, Que
CMAJ 165:575-83. 2001....
- Prevalence and detection of delirium in elderly emergency department patientsM Elie
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Que
CMAJ 163:977-81. 2000....
- Use of medications with anticholinergic effect predicts clinical severity of delirium symptoms in older medical inpatientsL Han
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Community Studies, St Mary's Hospital Center, 3830 Lacombe Ave, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1M5
Arch Intern Med 161:1099-105. 2001..CONCLUSION: Exposure to ACH medications is independently and specifically associated with a subsequent increase in delirium symptom severity in elderly medical inpatients with diagnosed delirium...
- Environmental risk factors for delirium in hospitalized older peopleJ McCusker
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Community Studies, St. Mary's Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Am Geriatr Soc 49:1327-34. 2001..However, the other factors identified suggest potentially modifiable risk factors for symptoms of delirium in hospitalized older people...
- Agitation in demented patients in an acute care hospital: prevalence, disruptiveness, and staff burdenR Sourial
Department of Nursing and Quality Management, St Mary's Hospital, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Int Psychogeriatr 13:183-97. 2001..DISCUSSION: The prevalence of agitated behaviors in patients with dementia in long-term-care beds at an acute care hospital is similar to that reported in long-term-care facilities. These behaviors are associated with staff burden...