Joyce L Chen
Affiliation: McGill University
- Tapping in synchrony to auditory rhythms: effect of temporal structure on behavior and neural activityJoyce L Chen
Montreal Neurological Institute, 3801 University Street, Rm 276, Montreal, QC H3A 2B4
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1060:400-3. 2005....
- Interactions between auditory and dorsal premotor cortex during synchronization to musical rhythmsJoyce L Chen
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Rm 276, 3801 University St, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 2B4
Neuroimage 32:1771-81. 2006..Auditory-motor interactions may take place at these regions with the dorsal premotor cortex interfacing sensory cues with temporally organized movement...
- Moving on time: brain network for auditory-motor synchronization is modulated by rhythm complexity and musical trainingJoyce L Chen
McGill University, 3801 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Cogn Neurosci 20:226-39. 2008..We argue that the superior ability of musicians to deconstruct and organize a rhythm's temporal structure relates to the greater involvement of the prefrontal cortex mediating working memory...
- Listening to musical rhythms recruits motor regions of the brainJoyce L Chen
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, 3801 University St, Montreal, QC H3A 2B4, Canada
Cereb Cortex 18:2844-54. 2008..These functional dissociations shed light on the nature of action-perception processes and suggest an inherent link between auditory and motor systems in the context of rhythm...
- Repetition suppression in auditory-motor regions to pitch and temporal structure in musicRachel M Brown
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Cogn Neurosci 25:313-28. 2013..IPS may be involved in transforming pitch sequences into spatial coordinates for accurate piano performance...
- When the brain plays music: auditory-motor interactions in music perception and productionRobert J Zatorre
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, 3801 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Nat Rev Neurosci 8:547-58. 2007....
- The role of auditory and premotor cortex in sensorimotor transformationsJoyce L Chen
International Laboratory for Brain, Music, and Sound Research, Montreal, Canada
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1169:15-34. 2009....