Affiliation: McGill University
- A psychological autopsy study of suicide among Inuit in Nunavut: methodological and ethical considerations, feasibility and acceptabilityEduardo Chachamovich
Department of Psychiatry, McGill Group for Suicide Studies, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Circumpolar Health 72:20078. 2013..This field of research is especially crucial in Aboriginal populations, as they often have higher suicide rates than the rest of the country...
- Levels of aggressiveness are higher among alcohol-related suicides: results from a psychological autopsy studyEduardo Chachamovich
McGill Group for Suicide Studies, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Alcohol 46:529-36. 2012..Apart from substance-related diagnoses, AUD and non-AUD suicides have comparable Axis I psychiatric diagnoses and familial transmission of suicidal behavior...
- Do men and their wives see it the same way? Congruence within couples during the first year of prostate cancerHelene Ezer
School of Nursing, McGill University, Wilson Hall, Montreal, QC, Canada
Psychooncology 20:155-64. 2011..The purpose of this study was to determine the psychosocial adjustment congruence within couples through the first year of prostate cancer experience, and to explore the personal variables that could predict congruence within couples...
- Agreement on perceptions of quality of life in couples dealing with infertilityJuliana Rigol Chachamovich
School of Nursing, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 39:557-65. 2010..To examine the extent to which men and women seeking treatment for infertility were able to accurately perceive their partners' ratings of their quality of life (QOL)...
- [Which are the recent clinical findings regarding the association between depression and suicide?]Eduardo Chachamovich
McGill Group for Suicide Studies, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 31:S18-25. 2009..The present paper aims to briefly review the recent findings regarding the suicide-related clinical features of depression. Moreover, strategies for suicide prevention were also reviewed...
- Is Geriatric Depression Scale-15 a suitable instrument for measuring depression in Brazil? Results of a Rasch analysisEduardo Chachamovich
Department of Psychiatry, Douglas Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Psychol Health Med 15:596-606. 2010..It is also in line with the need for shorter, valid scales in clinical settings. Further investigations are needed to develop a set of cultural-invariant items, which could then be applied in transcultural investigations free of bias...
- Augmenting antidepressants with deep transcranial magnetic stimulation (DTMS) in treatment-resistant major depressionMarcelo T Berlim
Depressive Disorders Program, Douglas Mental Health University Institute and McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
World J Biol Psychiatry 15:570-8. 2014..However, its clinical utility as an augmenting strategy for treatment-resistant depression (TRD) remains unexplored...
- Changing rates of suicide ideation and attempts among inuit youth: a gender-based analysis of risk and protective factorsSarah L Fraser
Psychoéducation, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Suicide Life Threat Behav 45:141-56. 2015....
- Investigating quality of life and health-related quality of life in infertility: a systematic reviewJuliana Rigol Chachamovich
McGill, School of Nursing, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 31:101-10. 2010..To review the findings on quality of life (QOL) and health-related quality of life (HRQOL) among infertile women, men and couples...