J Donald Boudreau
Affiliation: McGill University
- Preparing medical students to become skilled at clinical observationJ Donald Boudreau
Office of Curriculum Development and Physicianship Program, McGill University, QC, Canada
Med Teach 30:857-62. 2008..Although strategies for teaching observation have been described previously, many of them linked conceptually to emerging insights in visual literacy and aesthetic development, principles of clinical observation have not been elucidated...
- A faculty development workshop in narrative-based reflective writingJ Donald Boudreau
Department of Medicine, McGill University, 3655 Drummond St, McIntyre Medical Sciences Building, Room 529, Montreal, QC H3G 1Y6 Canada
Perspect Med Educ 1:143-54. 2012..The model has proven to be feasible and highly valued by participants. It can be adapted for other contexts by educators across the continuum of health professional education...
- Euthanasia is not medical treatmentJ Donald Boudreau
Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, 1110 Pine Ave West, Montreal, QC, Canada
Br Med Bull 106:45-66. 2013..The public assumes that if euthanasia and assisted suicide were to be legalized they would be carried out by physicians...
- A healing curriculumJ Donald Boudreau
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Med Educ 41:1193-201. 2007..The understanding of illnesses emphasises loss of homeostasis, whereas the physical examination highlights impairments of function. The educational experience is enriched with numerous opportunities for self-reflection...
- Patients' perspectives on physicians' roles: implications for curricular reformJ Donald Boudreau
Office of Curriculum Development, Centre for Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Acad Med 83:744-53. 2008....
- Preparing medical students to become attentive listenersJ Donald Boudreau
Office of Curriculum Development and Physicianship Program, McIntyre Medical Sciences Building, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Med Teach 31:22-9. 2009..While the characteristics of active listening skills in clinical practice have been elucidated previously, a cohesive set of principles to frame the teaching of these skills at the undergraduate medical level has not been described...
- Abraham Flexner's "mooted question" and the story of integrationJ Donald Boudreau
Department of Medicine, Centre for Medical Education, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Acad Med 85:378-83. 2010..This idea is congruent with aspects of Flexner's understanding of medical practice, as shown in his statement that the restoration of normal functioning should be the doctor's "goal in action."..
- Physicianship: Educating for professionalism in the post-Flexnarian eraJ Donald Boudreau
Centre for Medical Education, McGill University, 1110 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1A3, Canada
Perspect Biol Med 54:89-105. 2011..A Physicianship curriculum, as conceived and deployed at the McGill University Faculty of Medicine, might resonate with Flexner...
- Assessing a faculty development workshop in narrative medicineStephen Liben
The Montreal Children s Hospital, Rm F122, 2300 Tupper Street, Montreal, Quebec H3H1P3, Canada
Med Teach 34:e813-9. 2012..In addition, data on the impact of faculty development initiatives designed to teach narrative are limited, and there is a paucity of tools to assess their impact...
- The Osler Fellowship: an apprenticeship for medical educatorsYvonne Steinert
Centre for Medical Education, Department of Family Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Acad Med 85:1242-9. 2010..The goal of this study was to examine the impact of this experience and the accompanying faculty development program on the teachers, known as Osler Fellows...
- Faculty development as an instrument of change: a case study on teaching professionalismYvonne Steinert
Centre for Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Acad Med 82:1057-64. 2007..The authors hope that their school's experience will be useful to others who seek institutional change via faculty development...
- The foundation of physicianshipAbraham Fuks
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Perspect Biol Med 55:114-26. 2012....