Affiliation: McGill University
- Monitoring HIV risk and evaluating interventions among young people in urban West Africa: development and validation of an instrumentCatherine Boileau
Institute for Health and Social Policy, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
AIDS Educ Prev 20:203-19. 2008..This questionnaire offers a valid and reliable tool for assessing young people's sexual behavior in an urban West African setting...
- Low prevalence of detectable HIV plasma viremia in patients treated with antiretroviral therapy in Burkina Faso and MaliCatherine Boileau
Institute for Health and Social Policy McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 48:476-84. 2008..Although standard ART regimens are now universally applied, viral load measurement is not currently part of standard monitoring protocols in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Gender dynamics and sexual norms among youth in Mali in the context of HIV/AIDS preventionCatherine Boileau
Institute for Health and Social Policy McGill University, 1130 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1A3
Afr J Reprod Health 12:173-84. 2008..However, there was general rejection of multiple partnerships. Empowering youth to pursue open debates on sexuality may be an avenue for HIV/AIDS prevention in Mali...
- Gender differences in unsafe sexual behavior among young people in urban MaliCatherine Boileau
Institute for Health and Social Policy, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
AIDS Care 21:1014-24. 2009..These findings underscore the importance of addressing gender as a crucial factor shaping HIV-risk profiles...
- Characterization of drug resistance in antiretroviral-treated patients infected with HIV-1 CRF02_AG and AGK subtypes in Mali and Burkina FasoMohamed Sylla
Departement de Microbiologie et Immunologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Antivir Ther 13:141-8. 2008..In a multicentred cohort of patients on antiretroviral therapy (ART) in Burkina Faso and Mali, we analysed the prevalence of HIV drug resistance mutations in patients failing a modified directly observed therapy (mDOT) protocol...