Affiliation: McGill University
- Characterization of an ideal amphipathic peptide as a procoagulant agentJorge G Ganopolsky
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Room E 156, SMDB Jewish General Hospital, 3755 Cote Sainte Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biochem J 412:545-51. 2008..In summary, these observations demonstrate that IAP not only enhances essential procoagulant reactions required for fibrin generation, but also inhibits fibrinolysis, suggesting a potential role for IAP as a haemostatic agent...
- The Gla domain of factor IXa binds to factor VIIIa in the tenase complexMark D Blostein
The Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1A4, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:31297-302. 2003..These results suggest that the factor IXa Gla domain contacts factor VIIIa in the tenase complex through a contact site that includes phenylalanine 25 and perhaps valine 46...
- Galectin 3-binding protein is a potential contaminant of recombinantly produced factor IXM Blostein
SMDB Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Haemophilia 13:701-6. 2007..The above results raise an important note of caution regarding the production of recombinant FIX and, indeed, other proteins produced recombinantly in mammalian cells...
- The carboxylation efficiency of the vitamin K-dependent clotting factors: studies with factor IXM Blostein
SMDB Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada
Haemophilia 14:1063-8. 2008..These results demonstrate that the nature of the propeptide, per se is not the sole determinant of optimal carboxylation of FIX in our expression system in HEK 293 cells...
- Elevated plasma gas6 levels are associated with venous thromboembolic diseaseMark D Blostein
Departments of Medicine and Epidemiology, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, 3755 Cote Sainte Catherine Road, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Thromb Thrombolysis 32:272-8. 2011..This constitutes a potential novel mechanism for thrombosis in humans and may aid in the understanding of the pathophysiology of VTE...
- Mthfr deficiency induces endothelial progenitor cell senescence via uncoupling of eNOS and downregulation of SIRT1Catherine A Lemarié
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300:H745-53. 2011..Taken together, these results demonstrate that Mthfr deficiency impairs EPC formation and increases EPC senescence by eNOS uncoupling and downregulation of SIRT1...
- The role of gamma-carboxylation in the anti-apoptotic function of gas6I Hasanbasic
The Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Thromb Haemost 3:2790-7. 2005..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that gamma-carboxylation is necessary not only for gas6 binding to phospholipid membranes, but also for gas6-mediated endothelial cell survival...