Affiliation: McGill University
- Effect on mood of subthalamic DBS for Parkinson's disease: a consecutive series of 24 patientsA Berney
Department of Psychiatry, CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
Neurology 59:1427-9. 2002..In six patients (25%), mood state worsened significantly, and three were transiently suicidal despite clear motor improvement. Caregivers and patients should be educated about the potential impact of this neurosurgical procedure on mood...
- Suicide after successful deep brain stimulation for movement disordersP R Burkhard
Vaud-Geneva Deep Brain Stimulation Program for Movement Disorders, CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
Neurology 63:2170-2. 2004..Paradoxically, all patients experienced an excellent motor outcome following the procedure. The authors propose that patients at high risk for suicide should be excluded from DBS surgery...
- A prospective study of predictors of poststroke depressionA Carota
Department of Neurology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois (CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
Neurology 64:428-33. 2005..In patients with first-ever stroke, crying behaviors soon after stroke, a younger age, and severe disability are predictors of poststroke depression occurrence within the first year after stroke onset...
- [Neuropsychiatry of epilepsy, stroke, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis]A Gronchi-Perrin
Service de Neurologie, CHUV, 1011 Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 4:1136-8, 1140-4. 2008..The assessement of behavior is common part of the neurological examination. This article reviews the behavioral and mood manifestations in four classical syndroms: Epilepsy, stroke, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis...
- [Impulse control disorders and Parkinson's disease]P R Burkhard
Service de Neurologie, HUG, Faculté de Médecine de Genève, 1211 Geneve
Rev Med Suisse 4:1145-8, 1150. 2008..ICD are currently viewed as particular adverse reactions to antiparkinsonian medications, notably to dopamine agonists, and, accordingly, tend to improve or disappear when PD therapy is appropriately adjusted...