Margaret R Becklake
Affiliation: McGill University
- Asbestos-related diseases of the lungs and pleura: uses, trends and management over the last centuryM R Becklake
Respiratory Epidemiology and Clinical Research Unit, Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, Montreal Chest Institute, McGill University, 3650 Saint Urbain Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 11:356-69. 2007....
- Grain dust and lung health: not just a nuisance dustMargaret R Becklake
McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Can Respir J 14:423-5. 2007
- Childhood predictors of smoking in adolescence: a follow-up study of Montreal schoolchildrenMargaret R Becklake
Respiratory Epidemiology and Clinical Research Unit, Montreal Chest Institute, Montreal, Que
CMAJ 173:377-9. 2005..The factors that cause children to become smokers in adolescence remain unclear. Although parental smoking and peer pressure may play a role, physiological factors such as lung volume have also been identified...
- Association between vitamin A status and lung function level in children aged 6--9 years in Wukro wereda, Northern EthiopiaT Kassaye
School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, McGill University, 21, 111 Lakeshore Road, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec H9X 3V9, Canada
Int J Epidemiol 30:457-64. 2001..This report describes a cross-sectional analysis of the relationship between lung function and vitamin A status in an area endemic to vitamin A deficiency...
- Prevalence of vitamin A deficiency in children aged 6-9 years in Wukro, northern EthiopiaT Kassaye
School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, McGill University, 21, 111 Lakeshore Road, Ste Anne de Bellevue, PQ, H9X 3V9, Canada
Bull World Health Organ 79:415-22. 2001....
- Relation of airway responsiveness to duration of work in a dusty environmentP Ernst
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Thorax 44:116-20. 1989..In studies of workforces a survivor effect of this nature will tend to weaken the relation between lung function abnormality and occupational exposure...
- Risk factors for bronchial hyperresponsiveness in late childhood and early adolescenceP Ernst
Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McGill University, Montreal, , Canada
Eur Respir J 20:635-9. 2002..In conclusion, the results of this study do not support a change in asthma phenotype with the onset of puberty. Pre- and postpuberty, the major determinant of bronchial hyperresponsiveness was skin sensitivity to mite allergen...
- Proceedings of the first Jack Pepys Occupational Asthma SymposiumMoira Chan-Yeung
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:450-71. 2003
- Airflow obstruction in young adults in CanadaManal Al Hazmi
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Can Respir J 14:221-7. 2007..The objective of the present study was to enumerate and characterize airflow obstruction in a random sample of Canadians aged 20 to 44 years...
- Geographic and gender variability in the prevalence of bronchial responsiveness in CanadaJure Manfreda
Department of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Chest 125:1657-64. 2004..We measured bronchial responsiveness using the standardized protocol of the European Community Respiratory Health Survey (ECRHS) in six sites in Canada, and compared prevalences across Canada with international sites...