Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: McGill University
- Progranulin modulates zebrafish motoneuron development in vivo and rescues truncation defects associated with knockdown of Survival motor neuron 1Babykumari P Chitramuthu
Endocrine Research Laboratory and Department of Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital and McGill University Health Centre Research Institute, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1A1, Canada
Mol Neurodegener 5:41. 2010..Here we document the neuronal expression and functions of PGRN in spinal cord motoneuron (MN) maturation and branching in vivo using zebrafish, a well established model of vertebrate embryonic development...
- The granulin gene family: from cancer to dementiaAndrew Bateman
Endocrine Research Laboratory, McGill University Health Centre, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Canada
Bioessays 31:1245-54. 2009..In this review we will discuss current knowledge of the multifaceted biology of PGRN...
- Growing a tumor stroma: a role for granulin and the bone marrowAndrew Bateman
Endocrine Research Laboratory, Room H 5 21 Royal Victoria Hospital, Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre, 687 Pine Ave West, Montreal, Quebec H3A1A1, Canada
J Clin Invest 121:516-9. 2011..These data shed new light on the importance of the bone marrow in tumor growth and the role of granulin in carcinogenesis...
- Structure, function, and mechanism of progranulin; the brain and beyondHuishi Toh
Endocrine Research Laboratory, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University Health Centre Research Institute, 687 Pine Ave West, Montreal, QC, H3A 1A1, Canada
J Mol Neurosci 45:538-48. 2011..Here we review the structure, biology, and mechanism of progranulin action. By understanding PGRN in a wider context, we may be better able to delineate its roles in the normal brain and in neurodegenerative disease...
- Expression of the growth factor progranulin in endothelial cells influences growth and development of blood vessels: a novel mouse modelHuishi Toh
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e64989. 2013..These results demonstrate that overexpression of progranulin in endothelial cells influences normal angiogenesis in vivo...
- Progranulin is expressed within motor neurons and promotes neuronal cell survivalCara L Ryan
Royal Victoria Hospital and Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre Research Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BMC Neurosci 10:130. 2009....
- Reduction of polyglutamine toxicity by TDP-43, FUS and progranulin in Huntington's disease modelsArnaud Tauffenberger
CRCHUM, Universite de Montre al, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 22:782-94. 2013..elegans and mammalian cells. Altogether our data point towards a conserved function for TDP-43 and FUS in promoting polyglutamine toxicity and that delivery of PGRN may have therapeutic benefits...
- Structure dissection of human progranulin identifies well-folded granulin/epithelin modules with unique functional activitiesDmitri Tolkatchev
Bio NMR and Protein Research Laboratory, Biotechnology Research Institute, National Research Council of Canada, Montreal, Quebec H4P 2R2, Canada
Protein Sci 17:711-24. 2008..The functionally active and structurally well-characterized human hGrnA offers a unique opportunity for detailed structure-function studies of these important GEM proteins as novel members of mammalian growth factors...
- Regulation of progranulin expression in myeloid cellsColin H P Ong
Endocrine Research Laboratories, Department of Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, 687 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 291:R1602-12. 2006....
- Progranulin (acrogranin/PC cell-derived growth factor/granulin-epithelin precursor) is expressed in the placenta, epidermis, microvasculature, and brain during murine developmentRachael Daniel
Endocrine Research Laboratory, Royal Victoria Hospital, Division of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Dev Dyn 227:593-9. 2003....
- Expression of TBX2 promotes anchorage-independent growth and survival in the p53-negative SW13 adrenocortical carcinomaAmin Ismail
Endocrine Research Laboratory, Division of Experimental Medicine, McGill University Health Center, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada
Cancer Lett 278:230-40. 2009..Our findings identify TBX2 as a cell type-dependent survival factor under a p53-negative background, and are indicative of a potentially wider role for TBX2 in carcinogenesis than hitherto described...
- Progranulin (PC-cell-derived growth factor/acrogranin) regulates invasion and cell survivalZhiheng He
Endocrine Research Laboratory, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1A1
Cancer Res 62:5590-6. 2002..The ability of pgrn to stimulate cell division, invasion, and survival demonstrates that pgrn regulates multiple steps in carcinomal progression, and suggests that the pgrn system may be a possible future therapeutic target...
- Progranulin is a mediator of the wound responseZhiheng He
Division of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, and Endocrine Research Laboratory, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Nat Med 9:225-9. 2003..It acts directly on isolated dermal fibroblasts and endothelial cells to promote division, migration and the formation of capillary-like tubule structures. Progranulin is, therefore, a probable wound-related growth factor...