Affiliation: McGill University
- Psychiatric diagnoses in 3275 suicides: a meta-analysisGeneviève Arsenault-Lapierre
McGill Group for Suicide Studies, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
BMC Psychiatry 4:37. 2004..This study provides overall rates of total and specific psychiatric disorders in suicide completers and presents evidence supporting gender and geographic differences in their relative proportion...
- Seasonal effects on cortisol secretion in normal aging, mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's diseaseGeneviève Arsenault-Lapierre
Bloomfield Centre for Research on Aging, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir B Mortimer Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Neurobiol Aging 31:1051-4. 2010..This suggests that controlling for the season of sampling may help elucidate subtle effects of normal and pathological aging on basal cortisol secretion...
- Autobiographical memory in mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease: a comparison between the Levine and Kopelman interview methodologiesAlexandra Barnabe
Bloomfield Centre for Research on Aging, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada
Hippocampus 22:1809-25. 2012..These data show the importance of technical details of the different tests in favouring one versus another LTM theory. The data are not purely compatible with either theory...
- Cholesterol metabolism and suicidality in Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome carriersAleksandra Lalovic
McGill Group for Suicide Studies, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, Quebec H4H 1R3, Canada
Am J Psychiatry 161:2123-6. 2004..This population has a partial deficiency in 7-dehydrocholesterol reductase (DHCR7), the enzyme that catalyzes the last step in cholesterol biosynthesis...
- Word reading threshold and mild cognitive impairment: a validation studyGeneviève Arsenault-Lapierre
Bloomfield Center for Research on Aging, Lady Davis Institute in Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B, Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Canada
BMC Geriatr 12:38. 2012..We wish to confirm in a larger group the sensitivity and specificity of the WRT test and determine whether it is influenced by deterioration on other cognitive domains...
- Effects of anosognosia on perceived stress and cortisol levels in Alzheimer's diseaseGeneviève Arsenault-Lapierre
Bloomfield Center for Research in Aging, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada H3T 1E2
Int J Alzheimers Dis 2012:209570. 2012..However, no correlation between cortisol levels and either anosognosia for dementia or perceived stress was observed. Our results suggest that measuring perceived stress in AD patients may be influenced by anosognosia...
- Mild cognitive impairment subcategories depend on the source of normsGeneviève Arsenault-Lapierre
Bloomfield Centre for Research on Aging, Lady Davis Institute of Medical Research, Sir B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 33:596-603. 2011..In general, local norms were more stringent than published norms. We discuss the implications of these results for MCI diagnosis and categorization...
- Effect of service dogs on salivary cortisol secretion in autistic childrenRobert Viau
Fondation MIRA, 1820 rang Nord Ouest, Sainte Madeleine, Quebec, Canada
Psychoneuroendocrinology 35:1187-93. 2010..These results show that the CAR of children with ASD is sensitive to the presence of service dogs, which lends support to the potential behavioral benefits of service dogs for children with autism...
- A transdisciplinary perspective of chronic stress in relation to psychopathology throughout life span developmentRobert Paul Juster
University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Dev Psychopathol 23:725-76. 2011....