Nisha D Almeida
Affiliation: McGill University
- Quality of parental emotional care and calculated risk for coronary heart diseaseNisha D Almeida
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1A2
Psychosom Med 72:148-55. 2010..To evaluate associations between perceived quality of parental emotional care and calculated 10-year risk for coronary heart disease (CHD). Little is understood about the role of parental emotional care in contributing to the risk for CHD...
- Hair biomarkers as measures of maternal tobacco smoke exposure and predictors of fetal growthNisha D Almeida
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University, 1140 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A3, Canada
Nicotine Tob Res 13:328-35. 2011..We used hair biomarkers to compare the associations of maternal self-reported smoking, hair nicotine, and hair cotinine with birth weight for gestational age (BW for GA) among active and passive smokers during pregnancy...
- Smoking in preeclamptic women is associated with higher birthweight for gestational age and lower soluble fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 levels: a nested case control studySusan R Kahn
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 11:91. 2011....
- Life-course socioeconomic position and incidence of coronary heart disease: the Framingham Offspring StudyEric B Loucks
Douglas Mental Health Institute, McGill University, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Epidemiol 169:829-36. 2009..29, 95% confidence interval: 0.78, 2.13). These findings underscore the potential importance of CHD prevention and treatment efforts for those whose backgrounds include low SEP throughout life...
- Associations between childhood socioeconomic position and adulthood obesityLaura C Senese
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Occupational Health, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Epidemiol Rev 31:21-51. 2009..Adulthood SEP and other obesity risk factors may be the mechanisms responsible for the observed associations between childhood SEP and adulthood obesity...