Priscilla G Masse
- Enhancement of calcium/vitamin d supplement efficacy by administering concomitantly three key nutrients essential to bone collagen matrix for the treatment of osteopenia in middle-aged women: a one-year follow-upPriscilla G Masse
School of Food Science and Nutrition, Universite de Moncton, Moncton, NB, E1A 3E9, Canada
J Clin Biochem Nutr 46:20-9. 2010..No decline in BMD occurred at any bone site in osteopenic group 3, highlighting the importance of improving the quality of bone matrix concomitantly to mineral replacement...
- Type 1 diabetes impairs vitamin B(6) metabolism at an early stage of women's adulthoodPriscilla G Masse
Department of Human Nutrition and Food Science, Universite de Moncton, Moncton, Canada
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 37:167-75. 2012..The T1D-induced alteration in vitamin B(6) metabolism, consecutive to enhanced ALP activity, may put patients at greater risk of vitamin B(6) deficiency and diabetic complications...
- Bone metabolic abnormalities associated with well-controlled type 1 diabetes (IDDM) in young adult women: a disease complication often ignored or neglectedPriscilla G Masse
Department of Human Nutrition, University of Moncton, Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
J Am Coll Nutr 29:419-29. 2010..e., during the first decade after peak bone mass) and (2) elucidating the possible mechanisms underlying IDDM-induced bone complication...
- Cardiovascular disease-risk factors in middle-aged osteopaenic women treated with calcium alone or combined to three nutrients essential to artery and bone collagenP G Masse
School of Food Science and Nutrition, Universite de Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
J Hum Nutr Diet 21:117-28. 2008..Recent research suggests that cardiovascular disease (CVD) and bone loss are functionally interwoven. This study examined the concomitant effects of a nutritional treatment of osteopaenia on CVD-risk factors...
- Bone mineral density and metabolism at an early stage of menopause when estrogen and calcium supplement are not used and without the interference of major confounding variablesPriscilla G Masse
Dept of Human Nutrition, University of Moncton, Moncton, Canada
J Am Coll Nutr 24:354-60. 2005....
- Coexistence of osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease risk factors in apparently healthy, untreated postmenopausal womenPriscilla G Masse
Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Food Science and Nutrition, Universite de Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada E1A 3E9
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 75:97-106. 2005..It emphasizes the need for a timely screening that would stress both heart and bone risk factors...
- Is serum ferritin an additional cardiovascular risk factor for all postmenopausal women?Priscilla G Masse
School of Nutrition, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Moncton, Moncton, New Brunswick E1A 3E9, Canada
Ann Nutr Metab 48:381-9. 2004..Most of the studies on cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors in menopause have focused on serum lipid(lipoprotein) abnormalities and were conducted in populations which were not well controlled for several important influential factors...
- Dietary macro- and micronutrient intakes of nonsupplemented pre- and postmenopausal women with a perspective on menopause-associated diseasesP G Masse
School of Food Science and Nutrition, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Moncton, Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
J Hum Nutr Diet 17:121-32. 2004..To assess the dietary intakes and diet quality of menopausal women relative to premenopausal women, and to determine whether their diets are compatible with reducing risks of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and osteoporosis...
- Testing the tyrosine/catecholamine hypothesis of oral contraceptive-induced psychological side-effects: a controlled study on triphasilP G Masse
Universite de Moncton, Ecole de Nutrition et d Etudes Familiales, Moncton, NB, Canada
Ann Nutr Metab 45:102-9. 2001..This study was conducted to probe the existence of oral contraceptive (OC)-induced psychological side effects that might be undetectable by psychometric testing...
- Perturbations in factors that modulate osteoblast functions in vitamin B6 deficiencyP G Masse
School of Nutrition, University of Moncton, NB, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 78:904-11. 2000....
- Chemical and biomechanical characterization of hyperhomocysteinemic bone disease in an animal modelPriscilla G Masse
School of Nutrition, University of Moncton, Moncton NB E1A 3E9, Canada
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 4:2. 2003..Skeletal changes include a reduction in bone density, making it a potentially attractive model for the study of idiopathic osteoporosis...
- Long-term effect of low-dose combined steroid contraceptives on body iron statusP G Masse
Ecole de Nutrition et d Etudes Familiales, Universite de Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
Contraception 46:243-52. 1992..001). Biochemical results commanded a discussion on the pertinence of evaluating the total dietary iron intake and on the sensitivity of biochemical methods used to assess the iron status...