John L Wylie
Affiliation: Manitoba Health
- Chlamydia trachomatis omp1 genotypic diversity and concordance with sexual network dataTeresa Cabral
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
J Infect Dis 187:279-86. 2003..The agreement between the molecular and epidemiologic data suggests that the use of routine contact tracing data is a valid approach for the construction of sexual networks...
- Identification of networks of sexually transmitted infection: a molecular, geographic, and social network analysisJohn L Wylie
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Manitoba, and Cadham Provincial Laboratory, Manitoba Health, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Infect Dis 191:899-906. 2005..In the present study, we combine molecular genotype data, analysis of geographic clusters, and sociodemographic descriptors to facilitate analysis of large sexual networks...
- Demographic, risk behaviour and personal network variables associated with prevalent hepatitis C, hepatitis B, and HIV infection in injection drug users in Winnipeg, CanadaJohn L Wylie
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
BMC Public Health 6:229. 2006..Similar analytic approaches have not been undertaken for hepatitis C (HCV) or B (HBV), nor used to conduct comparative studies on these pathogens within a single setting...
- Determinants of injection drug user (IDU) syringe sharing: the relationship between availability of syringes and risk network member characteristics in Winnipeg, CanadaSouradet Y Shaw
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Addiction 102:1626-35. 2007..We examine the extent to which each of these variables is related independently to this behaviour within a diverse study population...
- Incorporating geographic settings into a social network analysis of injection drug use and bloodborne pathogen prevalenceJohn L Wylie
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
Health Place 13:617-28. 2007..Incorporating geographic place into analyses involving IDU can contribute to an understanding of pathogen transmission patterns in an area and assist public health efforts to develop targeted intervention programs...
- Molecular epidemiology of community- and health care-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Manitoba, CanadaJohn L Wylie
Cadham Provincial Public Health Laboratory, Manitoba Health, P O Box 8450, 750 William Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 3Y1
J Clin Microbiol 43:2830-6. 2005..Mapping of specific CA-MRSA types over successive 5-year periods showed rapid temporal shifts in prevalence in different parts of the province...
- Identifying heterogeneity among injection drug users: a cluster analysis approachSouradet Y Shaw
Cadham Provincial Laboratory, 750 William Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C3Y1, Canada
Am J Public Health 98:1430-7. 2008..We used cluster analysis to subdivide a population of injection drug users and identify previously unknown behavioral heterogeneity within that population...
- A network view of the transmission of sexually transmitted infections in Manitoba, CanadaJohn L Wylie
Cadham Provincial Laboratory, 750 William Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 3J7, Canada
Sex Transm Infect 86:iii10-16. 2010..Hypotheses are generated that focus on how individual-level behaviours and interactions create the observed complex system (network) patterns...
- From individuals to complex systems: exploring the sexual networks of men who have sex with men in three cities of Karnataka, IndiaRobert Lorway
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, R070 Med Rehab Building, 771 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg, R3E 0T6, Canada
Sex Transm Infect 86:iii70-78. 2010..This paper analyses a set of sexual contact network (SCN) snapshots in relation to ethnographic findings to reorientate individual-level explanations of risk behaviour in terms of more complex systems...
- Spatial analysis of campylobacter infection in the Canadian province of ManitobaChris G Green
Public Health Branch, Manitoba Health, Room 4050, 300 Carlton St, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 3M9, Canada
Int J Health Geogr 5:2. 2006..Analytical techniques used in the study included spatial smoothing, the spatial scan statistic, the Gini coefficient, and Poisson regression analysis...
- Increased risk for hepatitis C associated with solvent use among Canadian Aboriginal injection drug usersSouradet Y Shaw
Centre for Global Public Health, University of Manitoba, R070 Med Rehab Bldg 771 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0T6, Canada
Harm Reduct J 7:16. 2010..Here we examine the association between solvent use and socio-demographic variables, drug-related risk factors, and pathogen prevalence in Aboriginal injection drug users (IDU) in Manitoba, Canada...