Francoise S Maheu
- A preliminary study of medial temporal lobe function in youths with a history of caregiver deprivation and emotional neglectFrancoise S Maheu
Research Centre of the CHU Ste Justine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 10:34-49. 2010..To our knowledge, these findings are the first to demonstrate altered medial temporal lobe function during the processing of threat cues in youths with a history of caregiver deprivation and emotional neglect...
- The perfect time to be stressed: a differential modulation of human memory by stress applied in the morning or in the afternoonFrancoise S Maheu
Laboratory of Human Stress Research, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Frank B Common Pavilion, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, Quebec, Canada, H4H 1R3
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 29:1281-8. 2005..neutral), modulates the effects of stress on human declarative memory...
- Metyrapone administration reduces the strength of an emotional memory trace in a long-lasting mannerMarie France Marin
Centre for Studies on Human Stress, Mental Health Research Centre Fernand Seguin, Louis H Lafontaine Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E1221-7. 2011..Recent studies have shown that glucocorticoids (GCs) have the capacity to modulate the process of memory retrieval. This suggests that GCs could be an interesting avenue to investigate with regard to reduction of emotional memory...
- [Memory in the grip of emotions and stress: a necessarily harmful impact?]Francoise S Maheu
Centre de recherche de l Hôpital Douglas, Pavillon Frank B Common, 6875, boulevard LaSalle, Verdun, Quebec, H4H 1R3, Canada
Med Sci (Paris) 19:118-24. 2003....
- Differential effects of adrenergic and corticosteroid hormonal systems on human short- and long-term declarative memory for emotionally arousing materialFrancoise S Maheu
Laboratory of Human Psychoneuroendocrine Research, Douglas Hospital Research Center McGill University, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Behav Neurosci 118:420-8. 2004....