Eric B Loucks
- Socioeconomic disparities in metabolic syndrome differ by gender: evidence from NHANES IIIEric B Loucks
Department of Psychiatry and Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ann Epidemiol 17:19-26. 2007..The aim of the study is to examine whether socioeconomic position (SEP) is associated with metabolic syndrome and whether the association differs by gender and race/ethnicity...
- Quality of parental emotional care and calculated risk for coronary heart diseaseNisha D Almeida
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1A2
Psychosom Med 72:148-55. 2010..To evaluate associations between perceived quality of parental emotional care and calculated 10-year risk for coronary heart disease (CHD). Little is understood about the role of parental emotional care in contributing to the risk for CHD...
- Individual-level socioeconomic status is associated with worse asthma morbidity in patients with asthmaSimon L Bacon
Montreal Behavioural Medicine Centre, Division of Chest Medicine, Research Center, Hôpital du Sacré Coeur de Montréal University of Montréal affiliated hospital, 5400 Gouin West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Respir Res 10:125. 2009..g., cockroaches, tobacco smoke) and outdoor (e.g., urban pollution) allergens, thus increasing risk for exacerbations...
- Socioeconomic position and the metabolic syndrome in early, middle, and late life: evidence from NHANES 1999-2002Eric B Loucks
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ann Epidemiol 17:782-90. 2007..To evaluate whether there is an association between socioeconomic position (SEP) and the metabolic syndrome at various ages, including adolescent, middle-aged and older participants in gender-specific analyses...
- Associations between childhood socioeconomic position and adulthood obesityLaura C Senese
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Occupational Health, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Epidemiol Rev 31:21-51. 2009..Adulthood SEP and other obesity risk factors may be the mechanisms responsible for the observed associations between childhood SEP and adulthood obesity...
- Life-course socioeconomic position and incidence of coronary heart disease: the Framingham Offspring StudyEric B Loucks
Douglas Mental Health Institute, McGill University, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Epidemiol 169:829-36. 2009..29, 95% confidence interval: 0.78, 2.13). These findings underscore the potential importance of CHD prevention and treatment efforts for those whose backgrounds include low SEP throughout life...
- Relation of social integration to inflammatory marker concentrations in men and women 70 to 79 yearsEric B Loucks
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 97:1010-6. 2006..Differences may exist between women and men in the biologic pathways associated with social integration...
- Association of educational level with inflammatory markers in the Framingham Offspring StudyEric B Loucks
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Epidemiol 163:622-8. 2006..The association provides evidence suggestive of a biologic pathway by which socioeconomic position may predispose to coronary heart disease...
- Social integration and concentrations of C-reactive protein among US adultsEarl S Ford
Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Ann Epidemiol 16:78-84. 2006..This study tests whether social integration is associated with C-reactive protein (CRP) level, a biologic risk factor for cardiovascular disease...
- Educational attainment and cigarette smoking: a causal association?Stephen E Gilman
Department of Society, Human Development, and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Epidemiol 37:615-24. 2008..Despite abundant evidence that lower education is associated with a higher risk of smoking, whether the association is causal has not been convincingly established...
- Social integration is associated with fibrinogen concentration in elderly menEric B Loucks
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA, USA
Psychosom Med 67:353-8. 2005..The objective of this study was to determine whether social integration is associated with plasma concentrations of fibrinogen in an elderly population...
- What the Cuban context provides health researchers: the feasibility of a longitudinal multi-method study of the impact of housing improvements on health in Havana, CubaJerry Spiegel
Liu Institute for Global Issues, University of British Columbia, 6476 N W Marine Drive, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z2
J Public Health (Oxf) 26:95-100. 2004..The objective of this study, therefore, was to ascertain the feasibility of conducting a multi-method longitudinal evaluation of the impact of housing improvements on health...