- Variations in mental health needs and fee-for-service reimbursement for physicians in OntarioE Lin
Health Systems Research Unit, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Clarke Division, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychiatr Serv 49:1445-51. 1998..The study examined the match between mental health needs and physician fee-for-service reimbursements for mental health care within age and gender groups and health planning regions in Ontario, Canada...
- Sociodemographic, clinical, and attitudinal characteristics of the untreated depressed in OntarioE Lin
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Toronto, Canada
J Affect Disord 53:153-62. 1999..Epidemiologic surveys consistently document high rates of untreated depression, yet why this unmet need exists is only partially understood...
- Mental health service use: a comparison of treated and untreated individuals with substance use disorders in OntarioH E Ross
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 44:570-7. 1999..To determine the prevalence of and factors associated with mental health service use in the past year among respondents with an alcohol or other drug use disorder in a general population survey of Ontario adults...
- Comparisons of men with full or partial eating disorders, men without eating disorders, and women with eating disorders in the communityD B Woodside
Department of Psychiatry, The Toronto Hospital, 200 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
Am J Psychiatry 158:570-4. 2001..The authors compared 62 men who met all or most of the DSM-III-R criteria for eating disorders with 212 women who had similar eating disorders and 3,769 men who had no eating disorders on a wide variety of clinical and historical variables...
- Factors associated with untreated remissions from alcohol abuse or dependenceJ A Cunningham
Addiction Research Foundation Division, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Addict Behav 25:317-21. 2000..The second is a population of individuals who drink heavily at some point in their lives, experience some problems, and then "mature out" of this stage in their life as they age and take on other life roles...
- Chronic physical illness, psychiatric disorder and disability in the workplaceC S Dewa
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, Department of Psychiatry, Ont, Canada
Soc Sci Med 51:41-50. 2000..However, with an estimated eight percent of Ontario's workforce experiencing more than two months annually of decreased productivity, it still incurs significant social and economic costs...
- Impact of normative feedback on problem drinkers: a small-area population studyJ A Cunningham
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Stud Alcohol 62:228-33. 2001..The present study evaluated a minimal intervention that used normative feedback about population drinking to motivate changes in alcohol use...
- Childhood abuse and lifetime psychopathology in a community sampleH L MacMillan
Canadian Centre for Studies of Children at Risk, Ontario, Canada
Am J Psychiatry 158:1878-83. 2001....