M A Cronin
Affiliation: LGL Limited
- Limitations of molecular genetics in conservationMatthew A Cronin
Nature 447:638. 2007
- K-ras oncogene DNA sequences in pink salmon in streams impacted by the Exxon Valdez oil spill: no evidence of oil-induced heritable mutationsMatthew A Cronin
LGL Alaska Research Associates, Anchorage 99518, USA
Ecotoxicology 11:233-41. 2002..These data do not support the hypothesis that heritable mutations in the K-ras gene were induced by the Exxon Valdez oil spill or oil seeps...
- Genetic variation in caribou and reindeer (Rangifer tarandus)M A Cronin
LGL Alaska Research Associates Inc and School of Agriculture and Land Resources Management, University of Alaska, AK, USA
Anim Genet 34:33-41. 2003..Wild caribou and domestic reindeer in Alaska have significantly different allele frequencies at the seven loci, indicating that gene flow between reindeer and caribou in Alaska has been limited...
- Genetic variation in domestic and wild elk (Cervus elaphus)M A Cronin
University of Alaska, Fairbanks, Palmer 99645, USA
J Anim Sci 87:829-34. 2009..Our results are consistent with other studies showing that genetic variation can be maintained in domestic and wild populations of elk and other deer with appropriate management...
- Rabies and canine distemper in an arctic fox population in AlaskaW B Ballard
LGL Alaska Research Associates, Inc, Anchorage 99508, USA
J Wildl Dis 37:133-7. 2001..No evidence of canine distemper was detected as determined by the absence of distemper antibodies in serum and distemper virus in neural tissue...
- Assessment of the genetic toxicological impacts of the Exxon Valdez oil spill on pink salmon (Oncorhynchus gorbuscha) may be confounded by the influence of hatchery fishMatthew A Cronin
Ecotoxicology 13:495-501. 2004
- Mitochondrial DNA and microsatellite DNA variation in domestic reindeer (Rangifer tarandus tarandus) and relationships with wild caribou (Rangifer tarandus granti, Rangifer tarandus groenlandicus, and Rangifer tarandus caribou)Matthew A Cronin
School of Natural Resources and Agricultural Sciences, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, 533 E Fireweed Ave, Palmer, AK 99645, USA
J Hered 97:525-30. 2006..Alaskan reindeer have maintained a genetic variation comparable to that in Russia and differentiated from that of wild caribou, >100 years after their introduction to Alaska...