- Estrogen/progesterone replacement versus pravastatin and their sequential association in hypercholesterolemic postmenopausal womenA Lemay
Départements d Obstétrique Gynécologie et de Biologie Médicale, Endocrinologie de la Reproduction, Centre de Recherche, Hôpital St François d Assise, CHUQ, Universite Laval, 10 rue de l Espinay, Quebec P Q, G1L 3L5, Canada
Maturitas 40:247-57. 2001....
- Flaxseed dietary supplement versus hormone replacement therapy in hypercholesterolemic menopausal womenAndré Lemay
Départements d Obstétrique Gynécologie, Centre de Recherche, Hôpital St François d Assise CHUQ, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 100:495-504. 2002..To assess serum lipid changes by a phytoestrogen dietary supplement compared with oral estrogen-progesterone replacement in hypercholesterolemic menopausal women...
- Rosiglitazone and ethinyl estradiol/cyproterone acetate as single and combined treatment of overweight women with polycystic ovary syndrome and insulin resistanceA Lemay
Département d obstétrique gynécologie, Centre de Recherche, Hôpital St François d Assise, CHUQ, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Hum Reprod 21:121-8. 2006..This study assessed the effects of a thiazolidinedione versus an anti-androgenic estrogen-progestin followed by their sequential combinations in overweight PCOS women...
- Hyperinsulinemia in nonobese women reporting a moderate weight gain at the beginning of menopause: a useful early measure of susceptibility to insulin resistanceAndré Lemay
Centre d Endocrinologie de la Reproduction, d Infertilité et de Ménopause, Hôpital St François d Assise CHUQ, Quebec City, QC, Canada
Menopause 17:321-5. 2010..At menopause, the frequent weight gain excess could be related to insulin resistance. This study evaluated the prevalence of hyperinsulinemia in nonobese women reporting a moderate increase in weight at the beginning of menopause...
- Flaxseed on cardiovascular disease markers in healthy menopausal women: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialSylvie Dodin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Research Center, St François d Assise Hospital CHUQ, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Nutrition 24:23-30. 2008..The present study evaluated the effect of flaxseed on markers of cardiovascular disease risk in healthy menopausal women...
- Estradiol and interleukin-1beta exert a synergistic stimulatory effect on the expression of the chemokine regulated upon activation, normal T cell expressed, and secreted in endometriotic cellsAli Akoum
Unite d Endocrinologie de la Reproduction, Centre de Recherche, Hopital Saint Francois d Assise, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada G1L 3L5
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:5785-92. 2002..Furthermore, the findings provide a further evidence for a close relationship between the endocrine and immunological changes observed in endometriosis...
- Imbalance in the peritoneal levels of interleukin 1 and its decoy inhibitory receptor type II in endometriosis women with infertility and pelvic painAli Akoum
Unite d Endocrinologie de la Reproduction, Centre de Recherche, Pavillon Saint Francois d Assise, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Fertil Steril 89:1618-24. 2008..To evaluate the levels of interleukin-1beta (IL1beta) and its inhibitory soluble interleukin-1 receptor type II (IL1R2) in the peritoneal fluid (PF) of normal women and patients with endometriosis suffering from pelvic pain and infertility...
- Oral contraceptives as anti-androgenic treatment of acneAndré Lemay
Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 24:559-67. 2002..Individuals presenting with moderate to severe acne, or not responding to an estrogen-progestin combination, should be referred to a dermatologist...
- The relevance of the Women's Health Initiative results on combined hormone replacement therapy in clinical practiceAndré Lemay
Endocrinologue et Médecin Biochimiste, Département d Obstétrique et de Gynécologie, Universite Laval, Quebec, PQ
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 24:711-5. 2002..New mid-term and long-term randomized studies need to be conducted on women starting various formulations of HRT before the age of 60, to evaluate their impact on risk factors and events of cardiovascular disease...