- Patterns of health services utilization by recent immigrantsNicole Leduc
Interdisciplinary Health Research Group, Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Immigr Health 6:15-27. 2004..Results indicate that utilization of primary healthcare services progressively changes over time, evolving from the ad hoc use of walk-in services to the adoption of regular sources of care...
- Short-term geriatric assessment units: 30 years laterJudith Latour
Research Centre, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, 4565 chemin Queen Mary, Montreal QC, H3W 1W5, Canada
BMC Geriatr 10:41. 2010..The objective of this project is to describe the range of activities offered by Quebec GAU and the resources available to them...
- Quality of care assessment in geriatric evaluation and management units: construction of a chart review tool for a tracer conditionMarie Jeanne Kergoat
Research Centre, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, Montreal QC, Canada
BMC Geriatr 9:34. 2009..Very few validated and reliable instruments exist for the assessment of quality of acute care in this field. This study's objective was to create such a tool for Geriatric Evaluation and Management Units (GEMUs)...
- Social context, the struggle with uncertainty, and subjective risk as meaning-rich constructs for explaining HBP noncomplianceMichelle Proulx
Equipe sur le Médicament Comme Objet Social et Culturel MEOS, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de Montreal, Canada
Patient Educ Couns 68:98-106. 2007..To identify the reasons for which people fail to take blood-pressure-lowering medication regularly, a qualitative study was conducted...
- Humanized birth in high risk pregnancy: barriers and facilitating factorsRoxana Behruzi
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Universite de Montreal, 1420 Boul Mont Royal, Montreal, QC H2V4Q3, Canada
Med Health Care Philos 13:49-58. 2010..It can be considered as a token of caring, and continued support, which positively consolidates the doctor-patient relationship. As yet, it has not been described as a practiced guideline, due to its ever-changing complexities...
- Service utilization by hospitalized suicide attempters with schizophrenia or depression in MontrealDanielle Routhier
Psychosocial Research Division, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Perry Pavillion E 3311, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Montreal, Quebec H4H 1R3, Canada
Psychiatr Serv 63:364-9. 2012..The purpose of this study was to analyze patterns of mental health-related service utilization before and after hospitalization for attempting suicide...
- Determinants of adult day center attendance among older adults with functional limitationsJacinthe Savard
SOLIDAGE Reseach Group, Université de Montréal and McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, and Occupational Therapy Program, University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8M5, Canada
J Aging Health 21:985-1015. 2009..To examine factors related to regularity of adult day center (ADC) attendance among seniors with functional limitations...
- Understanding the self-care strategies of patients with asthmaChristine Loignon
Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Patient Educ Couns 75:256-62. 2009..The objective was to understand how adults living with asthma deal with their chronic illness, perceive self-management and develop self-care strategies...
- [Comment on the perception of risk and its relationship to advancements in health knowledge]Michelle Proulx
Formation post doctorale en sociologie, Equipe MEOS, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC
Can J Public Health 99:142-4. 2008....
- [Utilization of day care services by frail seniors]Jacinthe Savard
Groupe de recherche SOLIDAGE, Faculte de Medecine, Université de Montréal et Université McGill
Can J Aging 26:255-74. 2007....
- Caregiver satisfaction with support services: influence of different types of servicesJacinthe Savard
Faculte de Medicine, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
J Aging Health 18:3-27. 2006....
- [Governmental measures in Quebec to promote medical practice in remote or isolated areas]Nicole Leduc
Groupe de recherche interdisciplinaire en sante, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal
Cah Sociol Demogr Med 43:505-27. 2003..Certain internal reports in the Ministry of Health and some publications have tried to assess the effects of all these governmental efforts. But an exhaustive appraisal is not yet available...
- [Awareness of the Info-Sante CLSC telephone service by users of urgent care services]Martine Lafrance
Groupe de recherche interdisciplinaire en sante, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7
Can J Public Health 93:67-71. 2002..This study analyzes the awareness of this service among users of hospital emergency services and walk-in medical clinics...