Jonathan T Elliott
Affiliation: Lawson Health Research Institute
- Model-independent dynamic constraint to improve the optical reconstruction of regional kinetic parametersJonathan T Elliott
Department of Medical Biophysics, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, N6A 3K7, Canada
Opt Lett 37:2571-3. 2012..Kinetic parameters of multiple tissue regions can be quantified simultaneously. As proof of principle, we provide numerical experiments in reflectance-based and fluorescence molecular tomography scenarios...
- Quantitative measurement of cerebral blood flow in a juvenile porcine model by depth-resolved near-infrared spectroscopyJonathan T Elliott
University of Western Ontario, Department of Medical Biophysics, London, Ontario N6A 3K7, Canada
J Biomed Opt 15:037014. 2010..The ability to measure CBF at the bedside provides a means of detecting, and thereby preventing, secondary ischemia during neurointensive care...
- Cerebral metabolic rate of oxygen and amplitude-integrated electroencephalography during early reperfusion after hypoxia-ischemia in pigletsKenneth M Tichauer
Imaging Division, Lawson Health Research Institute, 268 Grosvenor St, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 4V2
J Appl Physiol 106:1506-12. 2009..This study highlights the potential for combining NIRS measures of CMRO(2) with EEG in the neonatal intensive care unit to improve early detection of perinatal hypoxia-ischemia...
- A broadband continuous-wave multichannel near-infrared system for measuring regional cerebral blood flow and oxygen consumption in newborn pigletsMamadou Diop
Imaging Division, Lawson Health Research Institute, London, Ontario N6A 4V2, Canada
Rev Sci Instrum 80:054302. 2009..No significant changes in regional CMRO(2) were observed. The average regional differential pathlength prior to ET-1 injection was 8.4+/-0.2 cm (range of 7.1-9.6 cm) and did not significantly change after the injury...
- Using near-infrared spectroscopy to measure cerebral metabolic rate of oxygen under multiple levels of arterial oxygenation in pigletsKenneth M Tichauer
Lawson Health Research Institute, 268 Grosvenor St, London, ON N6A 4V2, Canada
J Appl Physiol 109:878-85. 2010..In conclusion, the bolus-tracking technique of measuring CSvO2, and therefore CMRO2, is accurate and robust for an SaO2>50% but provides reduced accuracy under more severe hypoxic levels...
- Comparison of time-resolved and continuous-wave near-infrared techniques for measuring cerebral blood flow in pigletsMamadou Diop
Lawson Health Research Institute, Imaging Program, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 4V2
J Biomed Opt 15:057004. 2010..The discrepancy between the two methods at higher CBF could be caused by differences in depth sensitivities between continuous-wave and time-resolved measurements...
- Arterial input function of an optical tracer for dynamic contrast enhanced imaging can be determined from pulse oximetry oxygen saturation measurementsJonathan T Elliott
Department of Medical Biophysics, Western University, London, Ontario N6A 5C1, Canada Imaging Division, Lawson Health Research Institute, London, Ontario N6A 4V2, Canada
Phys Med Biol 57:8285-95. 2012..Considering that determining the AIF is required for performing quantitative tracer kinetics, this method provides a flexible tool for measuring the arterial dye concentration that could be used in a variety of applications...
- Depth resolution and multiexponential lifetime analyses of reflectance-based time-domain fluorescence dataKenneth M Tichauer
Lawson Health Research Institute, 268 Grosvenor Street, London, Ontario N6A 4V2, Canada
Appl Opt 50:3962-72. 2011....
- Variance of time-of-flight distribution is sensitive to cerebral blood flow as demonstrated by ICG bolus-tracking measurements in adult pigsJonathan T Elliott
Department of Medical Biophysics, Western University, 1151 Richmond Street, London, Ontario, N6A 3K7, Canada Imaging Division, Lawson Health Research Institute, St Joseph s Hospital, 268 Grosvenor Street, London, Ontario, N6A 4V2, Canada
Biomed Opt Express 4:206-18. 2013..Furthermore, when the variance data along with the measured AIF is analyzed using a nonparametric deconvolution method, the recovered change in CBF is in good agreement with CT perfusion values...