Affiliation: Laurentian University
- Concentrations and source characteristics of airborne carbonyl compounds measured outside urban residencesWeili Liu
Joint Graduate Program in Exposure Assessment, Rutgers University, Brunswick, NJ, USA
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 56:1196-204. 2006..They also found significant negative associations between concentrations for most of the measured carbonyl compounds and each of the following meteorological parameters: mixing height, wind speed, and precipitation...
- Red blood cell aggregation and dissociation in shear flows simulated by lattice Boltzmann methodJunfeng Zhang
School of Engineering, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ont, Canada P3E 2C6
J Biomech 41:47-55. 2008..These behaviors are qualitatively similar to experimental observations and show the potential of this numerical scheme for future studies of blood flow in microvessels...
- An immersed boundary lattice Boltzmann approach to simulate deformable liquid capsules and its application to microscopic blood flowsJunfeng Zhang
School of Engineering, Laurentian University, Sudbury, ON P3E 2C6, Canada
Phys Biol 4:285-95. 2007..However, extension of this algorithm to three-dimensional situations is necessary for more realistic simulations...
- Effects of erythrocyte deformability and aggregation on the cell free layer and apparent viscosity of microscopic blood flowsJunfeng Zhang
School of Engineering, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Canada
Microvasc Res 77:265-72. 2009..It appears therefore that the immersed-boundary lattice Boltzmann numerical model may be useful in providing valuable information on microscopic blood flows in various microcirculation situations...
- Effect of suspending viscosity on red blood cell dynamics and blood flows in microvesselsJunfeng Zhang
School of Engineering, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Microcirculation 18:562-73. 2011..This may suggest a possible mechanism for the high functional capillary density associated with a high suspending viscosity observed in experiments...
- Multiple red blood cell flows through microvascular bifurcations: cell free layer, cell trajectory, and hematocrit separationXuewen Yin
Bharti School of Engineering, Laurentian University, Sudbury, ON P3E 2C6, Canada
Microvasc Res 89:47-56. 2013..The results and information from this study could be helpful for understanding the complex RBC separation process and its effects in microcirculation and relevant biomedical applications. ..
- Two-dimensional lattice Boltzmann study of red blood cell motion through microvascular bifurcation: cell deformability and suspending viscosity effectsWenjuan Xiong
School of Engineering, Laurentian University, 935 Ramsey Lake Road, Sudbury, ON, P3E 2C6, Canada
Biomech Model Mechanobiol 11:575-83. 2012..This has implications for relevant studies in fundamental biology and biomedical applications...
- Cell-free layer and wall shear stress variation in microvesselsXuewen Yin
Bharti School of Engineering, Laurentian University, Sudbury, ON, Canada
Biorheology 49:261-70. 2012..This study also demonstrates the complexity of the flow field in the gap between cell and wall. More precise experimental techniques are required accurately measure such shear stress variation in microcirculation...
- Mass and momentum transfer across solid-fluid boundaries in the lattice-Boltzmann methodXuewen Yin
Bharti School of Engineering, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 86:026701. 2012..Although including this momentum addition or reduction has no direct influence on flow and pressure fields, the incorrect fluid-particle interaction may affect simulation results of particulate suspensions...
- Shear stress variation induced by red blood cell motion in microvesselWenjuan Xiong
School of Engineering, Laurentian University, 935 Ramsey Lake Road, Sudbury, ON P3E2C6, Canada
Ann Biomed Eng 38:2649-59. 2010....
- Relationships between personal, indoor, and outdoor exposures to trace elements in PM(2.5)John L Adgate
Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, 420 Delaware St SE, MMC 807, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Sci Total Environ 386:21-32. 2007..5) is likely to be underestimated by outdoor central site monitors...
- Theoretical study on the motion of a La atom inside a C82 cagePeng Jin
State Key Laboratory of Fine Chemicals, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, 116024, P R China
J Phys Chem A 111:167-9. 2007..Wakahara, T.; Maeda, Y.; Akasaka, T.; Waelchli, M.; Kato, T.; Okubo, H.; Mizorogi, N.; Kobayashi, K.; Nagase, S. Anew. Chem. 2005, 117, 3346-3349), which confirms that the isomer of La@C82 with the C2v symmetry is the most stable...