Affiliation: Laurentian University
- The context of oncology nursing practice: an integrative reviewDebra Bakker
School of Nursing, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Canada
Cancer Nurs 36:72-88. 2013..Knowledge of the context of oncology nursing can provide information about how to create practice environments that will attract and retain specialized oncology nurses...
- Canadian oncology nurse work environments: part IIDebra Bakker
School of Nursing, Laurentian University Sudbury, ON, Canada
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 25:68-89. 2012..Future research should focus on the implementation and evaluation of strategies that address workplace issues such as nurse staffing adequacy, leadership and organizational commitment...
- Canadian oncology nurse work environments: part IDebra Bakker
School of Nursing, Laurentian University, 935 Ramsey Lake Rd, Sudbury, ON P3E 2C6, Canada
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 22:50-68. 2010..A follow-up survey was conducted in 2006; analysis of these data will be presented in a future report on nurses' perceptions of their work environments and job satisfaction over time...
- Canadian cancer nurses' views on recruitment and retentionDebra Bakker
School of Nursing, Laurentian University, Sudbury, ON, Canada
J Nurs Manag 18:205-14. 2010..The purpose of this study was to explore oncology nurses' perceptions about recruitment and retention...
- Core domains for a person-focused outcome measurement system in cancer (PROMS-Cancer Core) for routine care: a scoping review and Canadian Delphi ConsensusDoris Howell
University Health Network and Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Value Health 16:76-87. 2013....
- Nurse autonomy in cancer careLissa Gagnon
School of Nursing, Laurentian University, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Nurs 33:E21-8. 2010..Yet, it remains poorly defined and understood. To date, there is little research that has focused on exploring how nurses in different specialty areas perceive autonomy...
- Oncology nursing: Finding the balance in a changing health care systemDebra Bakker
School of Nursing, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario
Can Oncol Nurs J 16:79-98. 2006....
- Managing symptoms during cancer treatments: evaluating the implementation of evidence-informed remote support protocolsDawn Stacey
School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Implement Sci 7:110. 2012....
- Evaluation of an intervention designed to recruit Canadian women to mammography screeningKim Hanson
School of Nursing, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
J Community Health Nurs 28:130-43. 2011..Although the participants positively appraised the postcard initiative, it played a minor role in comparison to typical OBSP recruitment methods...