- The experience of seclusion and restraint in psychiatric settings: perspectives of patientsCaroline Larue
Fernand Seguin research center and Quebec Nursing Intervention Research Network, Quebec, Canada
Issues Ment Health Nurs 34:317-24. 2013..Finally, nearly all patients perceived that the health care team did not follow-up with the patients after the experience; such follow-up is essential for reconstructing a sometimes confusing event...
- Group learning strategies for nursing students: reflections on the tutor roleCaroline Larue
University of Montreal
Int J Nurs Educ Scholarsh 5:Article30. 2008....
- Factors influencing decisions on seclusion and restraintC Larue
Montreal University, 2375 chemin de la Côte, Sainte Catherine, Montreal, QC H3T 1A8, Canada
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 16:440-6. 2009..The ultimate objective is to reduce recourse to coercive measures and enhance professional practices...
- The nursing decision making process in seclusion episodes in a psychiatric facilityCaroline Larue
Universite de Montreal, Sciences Infirmières, Montreal, Canada
Issues Ment Health Nurs 31:208-15. 2010..However, nursing practice would be further refined by conducting post-event reviews, especially by discussing how a client's aggressive behaviour is to be understood...
- Nursing practices recorded in reports of episodes of seclusionCaroline Larue
Universite de Montreal, Sciences Infirmières, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Issues Ment Health Nurs 31:785-92. 2010..The information reported by the nurse makes no distinction between short-stay and long-stay adult psychiatric units. Only one psychiatric facility was investigated in this study, precluding generalization...
- Predictive validity and psychiatric nursing staff's perception of the clinical usefulness of the French version of the Dynamic Appraisal of Situational AggressionAlexandre Dumais
Universite de Montreal, Faculty of Nursing Science, QC, Canada
Issues Ment Health Nurs 33:670-5. 2012..Moreover, the nurses though the scale would be useful to their practice; and, indeed, the team still uses the DASAfr...
- Profiles of patients admitted to a psychiatric intensive care unit: secluded with or without restraintMarie Hélène Goulet
Student, Faculte des sciences infirmieres, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec Research Coordinator, Centre de recherche de l Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Montréal, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 58:546-50. 2013..To identify and describe the profiles of patients admitted to a psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU) as they relate to seclusion and restraint...
- A second generation of the competency-based approach to nursing educationJohanne Goudreau
University of Montreal, Canada
Int J Nurs Educ Scholarsh 6:Article15. 2009..Although no rigorous evaluation has been held, comments from students and teachers were collected during the implementation process. Assessment of students' competency levels remains an important issue...