Paola A Lanfranchi
- Central sleep apnea in left ventricular dysfunction: prevalence and implications for arrhythmic riskPaola A Lanfranchi
Division of Cardiology, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri IRCCS, Veruno, Italy
Circulation 107:727-32. 2003....
- Menopause, hormone replacement and RR and QT modulation during sleepPaola A Lanfranchi
Centre de Recherche, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, 5400 Boul Gouin Ouest, Montreal, Que, Canada H4J 1C5
Sleep Med 6:561-6. 2005..The aim of the present study was to evaluate sleep-related RR and QT changes: (1) with the physiological decline in female hormones occurring with menopause, and (2) after hormone replacement therapy with estrogen and progesterone (HRT)...
- Cardiac autonomic regulation during sleep in idiopathic REM sleep behavior disorderPaola A Lanfranchi
Department of Medicine, Cardiology Division, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Sleep 30:1019-25. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that REM-related cardiorespiratory activation is altered in subjects with RBD...
- Sleep-disordered breathing in heart failure: characteristics and implicationsPaola A Lanfranchi
Research Center, Hôpital du Sacré Coeur S400, boul Gouin Ouest, QC H4J ICS, Montreal, Canada
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 136:153-65. 2003..Potential mechanisms implicated in the genesis of this breathing pattern and the possible therapeutic options, which have been proven to be effective in the clinical setting, are discussed...
- Nighttime blood pressure in normotensive subjects with chronic insomnia: implications for cardiovascular riskPaola A Lanfranchi
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Hôpital du Sacré Coeur de Montréal and Université de Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Sleep 32:760-6. 2009..To assess as whether insomniacs have higher nighttime blood pressure (BP) and a blunted day-to-night BP reduction, recognized markers of increased risk of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality...
- Sleep deprivation increases blood pressure in healthy normotensive elderly and attenuates the blood pressure response to orthostatic challengeRébecca Robillard
Center for Advanced Research in Sleep Medicine, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Sleep 34:335-9. 2011..To determine how aging affects the impact of sleep deprivation on blood pressure at rest and under orthostatic challenge...
- Autonomic cardiovascular regulation in subjects with acute mountain sicknessPaola A Lanfranchi
Centre de Recherche, Hôpital du Sacré Coeur, 5400 Boul Gouin Ouest, Montreal, QC, Canada H4J 1C5
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H2364-72. 2005..Marked LF(SBP) response to short-term hypoxia identifies AMS-prone subjects, supporting the potential role of an exaggerated individual chemoreflex vasoconstrictive response to hypoxia in the genesis of AMS...
- Sex-selective QT prolongation during rapid eye movement sleepPaola A Lanfranchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Circulation 106:1488-92. 2002..We examined the effects of the various sleep stages on RR and QT intervals in healthy subjects and tested the hypothesis that there is a differential effect of sleep stage on QT interval in women compared with men...
- The effect of 2 sympatholytic medications--propranolol and clonidine--on sleep bruxism: experimental randomized controlled studiesNelly Huynh
Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Sleep 29:307-16. 2006....