Paola A Lanfranchi
- Nighttime blood pressure in normotensive subjects with chronic insomnia: implications for cardiovascular riskPaola A Lanfranchi
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Hôpital du Sacré Coeur de Montréal and Université de Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Sleep 32:760-6. 2009..To assess as whether insomniacs have higher nighttime blood pressure (BP) and a blunted day-to-night BP reduction, recognized markers of increased risk of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality...
- Cardiac autonomic dysfunction in idiopathic REM sleep behavior disorderRonald B Postuma
Department of Neurology, McGill University, Montreal General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mov Disord 25:2304-10. 2010..This suggests that autonomic dysfunction is linked with RBD independent of associated Parkinson's disease or Lewy body dementia...
- Central sleep apnea in left ventricular dysfunction: prevalence and implications for arrhythmic riskPaola A Lanfranchi
Division of Cardiology, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri IRCCS, Veruno, Italy
Circulation 107:727-32. 2003....
- Sleep-disordered breathing in heart failure: characteristics and implicationsPaola A Lanfranchi
Research Center, Hôpital du Sacré Coeur S400, boul Gouin Ouest, QC H4J ICS, Montreal, Canada
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 136:153-65. 2003..Potential mechanisms implicated in the genesis of this breathing pattern and the possible therapeutic options, which have been proven to be effective in the clinical setting, are discussed...
- Autonomic cardiovascular regulation in subjects with acute mountain sicknessPaola A Lanfranchi
Centre de Recherche, Hôpital du Sacré Coeur, 5400 Boul Gouin Ouest, Montreal, QC, Canada H4J 1C5
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H2364-72. 2005..Marked LF(SBP) response to short-term hypoxia identifies AMS-prone subjects, supporting the potential role of an exaggerated individual chemoreflex vasoconstrictive response to hypoxia in the genesis of AMS...
- Menopause, hormone replacement and RR and QT modulation during sleepPaola A Lanfranchi
Centre de Recherche, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, 5400 Boul Gouin Ouest, Montreal, Que, Canada H4J 1C5
Sleep Med 6:561-6. 2005..The aim of the present study was to evaluate sleep-related RR and QT changes: (1) with the physiological decline in female hormones occurring with menopause, and (2) after hormone replacement therapy with estrogen and progesterone (HRT)...
- Gender specificity of the slow wave sleep lost in chronic widespread musculoskeletal painGilles J Lavigne
Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite de Montreal, Canada
Sleep Med 12:179-85. 2011..We tested the hypothesis that the poor sleep of female patients reporting CWP is gender specific for changes in (1) electroencephalograph (EEG) features and (2) heart rate variability (HRV)...
- Cardiac autonomic regulation during sleep in idiopathic REM sleep behavior disorderPaola A Lanfranchi
Department of Medicine, Cardiology Division, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Sleep 30:1019-25. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that REM-related cardiorespiratory activation is altered in subjects with RBD...
- The effect of 2 sympatholytic medications--propranolol and clonidine--on sleep bruxism: experimental randomized controlled studiesNelly Huynh
, , , Canada
Sleep 29:307-16. 2006..Because morning hypotension was seen in 19% of patients, further dose-dependant research is required to assess the safety of clonidine for the management of sleep bruxism...