- Abdominal obesity and its metabolic complications: implications for the risk of ischaemic heart diseaseB Lamarche
Lipid Research Center, Laval University, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Coron Artery Dis 9:473-81. 1998..Targeting individuals with this high-risk trait in primary prevention is therefore crucial if we are truly to have an impact on the incidence of cardiovascular disease...
- The small, dense LDL phenotype and the risk of coronary heart disease: epidemiology, patho-physiology and therapeutic aspectsB Lamarche
Department of Food Sciences and Nutrition, Laval University, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes Metab 25:199-211. 1999....
- A prospective, population-based study of low density lipoprotein particle size as a risk factor for ischemic heart disease in menB Lamarche
Department of Food Sciences and Nutrition, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Can J Cardiol 17:859-65. 2001....
- Comparison of various electrophoretic characteristics of LDL particles and their relationship to the risk of ischemic heart diseaseA C St-Pierre
Department of Food Sciences and Nutrition, Laval University, the Lipid Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Circulation 104:2295-9. 2001....
- Reduced HDL particle size as an additional feature of the atherogenic dyslipidemia of abdominal obesityA Pascot
Lipid Research Center, CHUL Research Center, Ste-Foy, , Canada
J Lipid Res 42:2007-14. 2001..In conclusion, small HDL particle size appears to represent another feature of the high TG- low HDL cholesterol dyslipidemia found in viscerally obese subjects characterized by hyperinsulinemia...
- Effect of the Mediterranean diet with and without weight loss on cardiovascular risk factors in men with the metabolic syndromeC Richard
Institute of Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Laval University, 2440 Boulevard Hochelaga, Quebec, Canada
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 21:628-35. 2011..The objective of the study was to assess the efficacy of MedDiet, with and without weight loss, to modify the cardiometabolic risk profile of male patients with MetS...
- Investigation of LRP8 gene in 1p31 QTL linked to LDL peak particle diameter in the Quebec family studyG Dolley
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Laval University, Quebec City, Canada
Mol Genet Metab 102:448-52. 2011..005, p=0.004 and p=0.01, respectively) but not with LDL size-related variables. These results suggest that LRP8 gene polymorphisms influence plasma cholesterol levels as well as size and composition of LDL particles...
- Plasma adiponectin concentration is strongly associated with VLDL-TG catabolism in postmenopausal womenA Lapointe
Institute of Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Laval University, 2440 Hochelaga Blvd, Quebec G1V 0A6, Canada
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 21:254-60. 2011..To investigate associations between plasma adiponectin concentration and very-low density lipoprotein-triglyceride (VLDL-TG) secretion and catabolism in postmenopausal women...
- Interactions between dietary fat intake and FASN genetic variation influence LDL peak particle diameterG Dolley
Institute of Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods INAF, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
J Nutrigenet Nutrigenomics 4:137-45. 2011..FASN may play a role in the regulation of feeding and may be a potential therapeutic target for obesity and insulin resistance...
- Effects of endurance exercise training on plasma HDL cholesterol levels depend on levels of triglycerides: evidence from men of the Health, Risk Factors, Exercise Training and Genetics (HERITAGE) Family StudyC Couillard
Lipid Research Center, Laval University Medical Research Center, CHUL Pavilion, Sainte-Foy, , Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:1226-32. 2001..Results of the present study suggest that regular endurance exercise training may be particularly helpful in men with low HDL cholesterol, elevated TGs, and abdominal obesity...
- High apolipoprotein B with low high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and normal plasma triglycerides and cholesterolA D Sniderman
Mike Rosenbloom Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Cardiol 87:792-3, A8. 2001..Measurment of apolipoprotein B is the key to diagnosis and such patients should be considered for statin therapy...
- A new method for HDL particle sizing by polyacrylamide gradient gel electrophoresis using whole plasmaM Perusse
Department of Food Sciences and Nutrition, Laval University, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
J Lipid Res 42:1331-4. 2001..5%. These lipid-stainable HDL calibrators simplify the assessment of HDL particle size by PAGGE using whole plasma, without the need for costly, time-consuming ultracentrifugation procedures...
- Is the gender difference in LDL size explained by the metabolic complications of visceral obesity?I Lemieux
Quebec Heart Institute, Laval Hospital Research Center, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Clin Invest 32:909-17. 2002....
- Effect of obesity on HDL and LDL particle sizes in carriers of the null P207L or defective D9N mutation in the lipoprotein lipase gene: the Québec LipD StudyI L Ruel
Institute on Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27:631-7. 2003..It has also been documented that obesity has a significant impact on HDL and LDL particle sizes...
- Intermittent claudication: From its risk factors to its long-term prognosis in men. The Quebec Cardiovascular StudyA St-Pierre
Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Canada
Can J Cardiol 26:17-21. 2010..The natural history of intermittent claudication, from its risk factors to its cardiovascular prognosis, has been reported in few prospective studies...
- Kinetics of plasma apolipoprotein C-III as a determinant of diet-induced changes in plasma triglyceride levelsS Desroches
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Institute of Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Clin Nutr 62:10-7. 2008..To compare the effect of a high monounsaturated fatty acid (MUFA) diet and of a control low-fat diet consumed under ad libitum conditions on plasma apolipoprotein (apo) C-III metabolism...
- Influences of the phosphatidylcholine transfer protein gene variants on the LDL peak particle sizeG Dolley
CRML, CHUL Research Centre, 2705 Boul Laurier, Ste Foy, Canada
Atherosclerosis 195:297-302. 2007..In the liver, phosphatidylcholine transfer protein binds specifically phosphatidylcholine suggesting a role for this protein in the formation of HDL and possibly VLDL phospholipid membranes...
- Is lipoprotein(a) an independent risk factor for ischemic heart disease in men? The Quebec Cardiovascular StudyB Cantin
Lipid Research Centre, Laval University Medical Centre and Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 31:519-25. 1998..This study was undertaken to determine whether lipoprotein(a) [Lp(a)] is an independent risk factor for ischemic heart disease (IHD) and to establish the relation of Lp(a) to the other lipid fractions...
- Visceral adipose tissue accumulation, secretory phospholipase A2-IIA and atherogenecity of LDLM-E Paradis
Institute on Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Laval University, , Canada
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:1615-22. 2006..0 and 5.5% of their variability. CONCLUSION: Both VAT and sPLA(2)-IIA levels modulate the atherogenecity of LDL by accounting for the reduction in their size and their susceptibility to oxidation...
- Phytosterols in nonfat and low-fat beverages have no impact on the LDL size phenotypeA Charest
Institute on Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Laval University, , Canada
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:801-4. 2005..CONCLUSION: The consumption of phytosterol-supplemented nonfat and low-fat beverages is not associated with clinically meaningful changes in the LDL particle size phenotype...
- Effect of sitagliptin therapy on postprandial lipoprotein levels in patients with type 2 diabetesA J Tremblay
Department of Food Sciences, Institute of Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes Obes Metab 13:366-73. 2011..The objective of the present study is to examine the effects of treatment with sitagliptin on postprandial lipid and incretin hormone levels as well as glucose homeostasis in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Effect of a nutritional intervention promoting the Mediterranean food pattern on anthropometric profile in healthy women from the Québec city metropolitan areaJ Goulet
Institute of Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:1293-300. 2007..To evaluate the impact of a nutritional intervention promoting a Mediterranean food pattern on anthropometric profile in healthy women...