- Developmental trajectories of boys' delinquent group membership and facilitation of violent behaviors during adolescenceEric Lacourse
Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Dev Psychopathol 15:183-97. 2003..This facilitation effect appears homogeneous over time and across developmental trajectories. Results are discussed from a social interactional perspective...
- Two-year predictive validity of conduct disorder subtypes in early adolescence: a latent class analysis of a Canadian longitudinal sampleEric Lacourse
Department of Sociology, University of Montreal, Canada
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 51:1386-94. 2010..The aim of the present study is twofold: identify subtypes of CD in young adolescents based on latent class analysis (LCA) and investigate the two-year predictive validity of CD subtypes on deviant and criminal lifestyles...
- Theoretical structure of adolescent alienation: a multigroup confirmatory factor analysisEric Lacourse
Department of Psychology, University of Montreal Quebec, Canada H3T 1C5
Adolescence 38:639-50. 2003..A different theoretical model relating these dimensions is suggested and discussed...
- Prediction of early-onset deviant peer group affiliation: a 12-year longitudinal studyEric Lacourse
Department of Sociology, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:562-8. 2006..Deviant peer group involvement is strongly related to onset, aggravation, and persistence of conduct problems during adolescence...
- Affiliation to youth gangs during adolescence: the interaction between childhood psychopathic tendencies and neighborhood disadvantageVeronique Dupere
Department of Psychology and Research Unit on Children s Psychosocial Maladjustment GRIP, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Abnorm Child Psychol 35:1035-45. 2007..Adolescents with preexisting psychopathic tendencies appeared especially vulnerable mainly if they were raised in residentially unstable neighborhoods...
- Development of male proactive and reactive physical aggression during adolescenceEdward D Barker
University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 47:783-90. 2006..Different developmental courses have been postulated for proactive and reactive aggression...
- Neighborhood poverty and early transition to sexual activity in young adolescents: a developmental ecological approachVeronique Dupere
Universite de Montreal, Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Child Dev 79:1463-76. 2008..Among adolescent males, no direct neighborhood effects were found, but those who had combined risks at multiple levels appeared more vulnerable. The theoretical and practical implications of these findings are discussed...
- Testing the developmental distinctiveness of male proactive and reactive aggression with a nested longitudinal experimental interventionEdward D Barker
Department of Psychology, Center for the Prevention of Youth Behavior Problems, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35401, USA
Aggress Behav 36:127-40. 2010..The importance of these results for the distinction between subtypes of aggressive behaviors and the value of longitudinal-experimental studies from early childhood onward is discussed...
- Developmental trajectories of male physical violence and theft: relations to neurocognitive performanceEdward D Barker
Research Unit on Children s Psychosocial Maladjustment, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arch Gen Psychiatry 64:592-9. 2007..However, studies examining this association tend to aggregate a variety of problem behaviors that may be differently affected by neurocognitive deficits...
- Childhood hyperactivity, physical aggression and criminality: a 19-year prospective population-based studyJean Baptiste Pingault
Research Unit on Children s Psychosocial Maladjustment, University of Montreal and Sainte Justine Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e62594. 2013..The aim of this study was to assess the unique and interactive contributions of hyperactivity to the development of criminality, whilst considering inattention, physical aggression and family adversity...
- Antecedents and outcomes of joint trajectories of mother-son conflict and warmth during middle childhood and adolescenceChristopher J Trentacosta
Department of Psychology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Child Dev 82:1676-90. 2011..Implications for socialization processes are discussed...
- Impact and clinical significance of a preventive intervention for disruptive boys: 15-year follow-upRachel Boisjoli
Research Unit on Children s Psychosocial Maladjustment, University of Montreal, 3050 Edouard Montpetit Boulevard, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Br J Psychiatry 191:415-9. 2007..Many intervention programmes have attempted to reduce disruptive behaviour problems during early childhood to prevent maladjustment during adolescence and adulthood...
- Links between trajectories of self-reported violent and nonviolent offending and official offending during adolescence and adulthoodNathalie M G Fontaine
School of Criminology, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Crim Behav Ment Health 24:277-90. 2014..Little is known about the associations between self-reported offending and official offending whilst considering different types of offences...
- Prevalence of prescribed attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder medications and diagnosis among Canadian preschoolers and school-age children: 1994-2007Marie Christine Brault
Département de sociologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Can J Psychiatry 57:93-101. 2012....
- Developmental trajectories of conduct problems and hyperactivity from ages 2 to 10Daniel S Shaw
Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15260 0001, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 46:931-42. 2005..Conduct problems (CP) and hyperactivity/attention problems (HAP) are thought to covary with regularity, yet few studies have examined their co-occurrence or risk factors that discriminate their trajectories beginning in early childhood...
- Parental practices in late adolescence, a comparison of three countries: Canada, France and ItalyMichel Claes
Departement de Psychologie, Universite de Montreal, CP 6128, Montreal, Que, Canada H3C 3J7
J Adolesc 26:387-99. 2003..Results were interpreted in the light of studies that have reported an influence of cultural background on both parental practices and parental decisions in each of these countries...