C C Joyal
- Characteristics and circumstances of homicidal acts committed by offenders with schizophreniaC C Joyal
Niuvanniemi Hospital and Department of Forensic Psychiatry, University of Kuopio Finland
Psychol Med 34:433-42. 2004....
- MRI volumetry of the vermis and the cerebellar hemispheres in men with schizophreniaChristian C Joyal
Department of Forensic Psychiatry, Niuvanniemi Hospital, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Psychiatry Res 131:115-24. 2004..However, the suggestion that schizophrenia is related to abnormal volumes of the lateral cerebellum is not supported...
- Violent persons with schizophrenia and comorbid disorders: a functional magnetic resonance imaging studyC C Joyal
Niuvanniemi Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Schizophr Res 91:97-102. 2007..In contrast, significantly higher activations in frontal motor, premotor and anterior cingulate regions were observed in the Sz+APD+SUD group than in the Sz-only group...
- Drug abuse and/or dependence and better neuropsychological performance in patients with schizophreniaChristian C Joyal
Schizophr Res 63:297-9. 2003
- Contradictory cognitive capacities among substance-abusing patients with schizophrenia: a meta-analysisStephane Potvin
Fernand Seguin Research Center, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Schizophr Res 100:242-51. 2008..It is concluded that previous mixed results obtained with cognitive evaluations of persons with Sz+SUD might reflect the heterogeneity of participants and that subgroups of patients might be defined on the basis of intermediate factors...
- Omega-3 and violence in schizophreniaNancy Légaré
Schizophr Res 96:269. 2007
- The neuropsychology and neurology of sexual deviance: a review and pilot studyChristian C Joyal
Institut Philippe Pinel de Montreal, 10905 Henri Bourassa Bld, Montreal, QC, H1C 1H1, Canada
Sex Abuse 19:155-73. 2007....
- A volumetric MRI study of the entorhinal cortex in first episode neuroleptic-naive schizophreniaChristian C Joyal
Institut Philippe Pinel de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 51:1005-7. 2002..Imaging studies have frequently reported volume loss of limbic structures in schizophrenia, yet there appears to be no quantitative data on entorhinal cortex volumes in patients with neuroleptic naive first-episode schizophrenia...
- Comorbid personality disorders and substance use disorders of mentally ill homicide offenders: a structured clinical study on dual and triple diagnosesAnu Putkonen
Department of Forensic Psychiatry, University of Kuopio and Niuvanniemi Hospital, Finland
Schizophr Bull 30:59-72. 2004..The fourth possible category, "APD + MMD but no SUD," was not found. The prevention of severe violence by persons with MMD necessitates effective treatments for those with dual diagnosis who also have a history of APD...
- The amygdala and schizophrenia: a volumetric magnetic resonance imaging study in first-episode, neuroleptic-naive patientsChristian C Joyal
Institut Philippe Pinel de Montréal CCJ, Montreal, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 54:1302-4. 2003..The attempts to evaluate amygdaloid volumes using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in patients with schizophrenia have yielded highly divergent results...
- Nature and frequency of aggressive behaviours among long-term inpatients with schizophrenia: a 6-month report using the modified overt aggression scaleChristian C Joyal
Department of Psychology, University of Quebec Trois Rivières, Trois Rivieres, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 53:478-81. 2008..A secondary objective was to confirm that a majority of violent inward incidents were not commonly serious and committed by a minority of recidivistic individuals suffering from neurological damage (ND)...