- Weaning children from mechanical ventilation with a computer-driven protocol: a pilot trialPhilippe A Jouvet
Pediatric ICU, Soins intensifs pédiatriques, Hopital Sainte Justine, 3175 Chemin Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, QC, H3T 1C5, Canada
Intensive Care Med 39:919-25. 2013..Duration of weaning from mechanical ventilation is decreased with the use of written protocols in adults. In children, the use of written protocols has not had such an impact...
- Impact of inborn errors of metabolism on admission and mortality in a pediatric intensive care unitPhilippe Jouvet
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Sainte Justine Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Pediatr 166:461-5. 2007..These patients constitute a significant diagnostic and therapeutic challenge for pediatric intensivists...
- Critical illness in children with influenza A/pH1N1 2009 infection in CanadaPhilippe Jouvet
Department of Pediatrics, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pediatr Crit Care Med 11:603-9. 2010..To describe characteristics, treatment, and outcomes of critically ill children with influenza A/pandemic influenza A virus (pH1N1) infection in Canada...
- [Non invasive ventilation in children]P Jouvet
, , 3175, , , Canada
Arch Pediatr 13:804-6. 2006
- Kinetic modeling of plasma leucine levels during continuous venovenous extracorporeal removal therapy in neonates with maple syrup urine diseasePhilippe Jouvet
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 75 015 Paris, France
Pediatr Res 58:278-82. 2005..The findings suggest that leucine handling during CECRT is similar to that of nonprotein-bound small-molecular-weight solutes such as urea...
- Development and implementation of explicit computerized protocols for mechanical ventilation in childrenPhilippe Jouvet
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Department of Pediatrics, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Ann Intensive Care 1:51. 2011..The present paper defines explicit computerized protocols for mechanical ventilation, describes how these protocols are designed, and reports the ones that are available on the market for children...
- Weaning children from mechanical ventilation with a computer-driven system (closed-loop protocol): a pilot studyPhilippe Jouvet
Pediatric ICU, AP HP, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
Pediatr Crit Care Med 8:425-32. 2007..To evaluate the applicability, tolerance, and efficacy of a closed-loop protocol to wean children from mechanical ventilation...
- Combined nutritional support and continuous extracorporeal removal therapy in the severe acute phase of maple syrup urine diseaseP Jouvet
Fédération de Pédiatrie Médicale, Service de Réanimation Pédiatrique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Intensive Care Med 27:1798-806. 2001..The authors assessed the efficiency, tolerance and outcome of neonates and children with maple syrup urine disease (MSUD) in acute decompensation managed by endogenous and extracorporeal removal of accumulated MSUD metabolites...
- Liver transplantation in urea cycle disordersJ M Saudubray
Department of Paediatrics, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris, France
Eur J Pediatr 158:S55-9. 1999..Interestingly, three of these seven were liver-transplanted before the constitution of irreversible neurological damage. These three girls and their family declare their well-being, their feeling to be cured and enjoy their normal life...
- Hyperammonemia and neonatal cardiac failureT Adamovic
Department of Pediatrics, Sainte Justine Hospital, University of Montreal, QC, Montreal, Canada
Minerva Anestesiol 77:554-7. 2011..This case highlights the fact that NH3 detoxification by the liver has limitations for a neonate with multifactorial causes that decrease liver perfusion...
- Crystalluria: a clinically useful investigation in children with primary hyperoxaluria post-transplantationP Jouvet
département d anesthésie, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Kidney Int 53:1412-6. 1998..Further study is needed to determine whether this method is a better predictor of nephrocalcinosis than is supersaturation alone...
- Arrhythmias and conduction defects as presenting symptoms of fatty acid oxidation disorders in childrenD Bonnet
Service de Cardiologie Pediatrique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Circulation 100:2248-53. 1999..They may present as isolated cardiomyopathy, sudden death, progressive skeletal myopathy, or hepatic failure. Arrhythmia is an unusual presenting symptom of fatty acid oxidation deficiencies...
- Acute kidney injury in childrenA Merouani
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Minerva Pediatr 64:121-33. 2012..Furthermore, a decision-making algorithm is presented for the use of renal replacement therapies in critically ill children with AKI...
- Feasibility of surgery for patent ductus arteriosus of premature babies in a neonatal intensive care unitA Kuster
Paediatric Neonatal Intensive Care, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Eur J Pediatr Surg 13:294-7. 2003..The results suggest that morbidity can be limited by performing the surgery in an NICU, and by switching from conventional to high-frequency mechanical ventilation in case of severe respiratory failure...
- Methylmalonic and propionic acidurias: management without or with a few supplements of specific amino acid mixtureG Touati
Centre de Référence des Maladies Héréditaires du Métabolisme, AP HP Hôpital Necker Enfants Malades, AP HP, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris, France
J Inherit Metab Dis 29:288-98. 2006..Albumin, vitamins, trace elements and markers of bone metabolism were within the normal values. IGF1, 24-hour urine calcium and body mass density were low. Body composition showed a normal to low lean mass and a normal to high fat mass...