Affiliation: Interior Health
- Rural treatment of acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema: applying the evidence to achieve success with failureJohn Bosomworth
Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
Can J Rural Med 13:121-8. 2008..Concurrent vasodilator therapy should be considered as soon as possible. Morphine should not be used as it is associated with adverse outcomes. If sedation is desirable, benzodiazepines should be considered...
- Approach to identifying and managing atherogenic dyslipidemia: a metabolic consequence of obesity and diabetesN John Bosomworth
3413 Forsyth Dr, Penticton, BC V2A 8Z2
Can Fam Physician 59:1169-80. 2013..To review the evidence for recognition and management of atherogenic dyslipidemia...
- The downside of weight loss: realistic intervention in body-weight trajectoryN John Bosomworth
Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Can Fam Physician 58:517-23. 2012..To explore the reasons why long-term weight loss is seldom achieved and to evaluate the consequences of various weight trajectories, including stability, loss, and gain...
- Diagnosing pulmonary embolism in a rural settingJohn Bosomworth
Can J Rural Med 10:100-6. 2005
- The occasional intraosseous infusionN John Bosomworth
Can J Rural Med 13:80-3. 2008
- Exercise and knee osteoarthritis: benefit or hazard?Neil J Bosomworth
Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
Can Fam Physician 55:871-8. 2009..To determine whether physical exercise constitutes a benefit or a risk in the development and progression of knee osteoarthritis...
- Practical use of the Framingham risk score in primary prevention: Canadian perspectiveN John Bosomworth
Department of Family Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Can Fam Physician 57:417-23. 2011..To review the 2009 Canadian Cardiovascular Society guidelines and provide practical recommendations for physicians...